Laugh often, dream big, reach for the stars!
Check out our learning...
Tips for 2nd Grade Success:
- Read every night for at least 15 minutes.
- Discuss the books you read & what you learned at school with your family.
- Practice your spelling words to help you be successful on your weekly tests.
- Practice your addition & subtraction math facts until you know them quickly.
- Write notes, letters, and stories at home.
- Get a good nights sleep every night.
- Wash your hands before you eat.
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Come to school each day, on time, and ready to learn.
- Baffling Bill the Magician Show: Tuesday, April 11th at 6:30pm in the high school auditorium
- Good Friday 1/2 Day: Friday, April 14th - dismissal at 11:15
- April Book Orders Due: Friday, April 14th (Class Code: GY2D2)
- PTO Reading Superheroes Night: Friday, April 21st from 6:45-8:00pm at BCES - You must preregister for this event!
- BCES PTO Carnival: Friday, April 28th from 6-8pm at the high school
Click the link below for the BCES Calendar:
Please check your email on Mondays to find pretests and your child's Star Folder for a paper list. Please have your child practice their words each night until he or she can spell them all.
Rambler Red Homework
We will start this again next week. I will text a small homework assignment to you for the kids to complete sometime during the week and return to school when it's done. When they complete the assignment, they will receive a red bead for their Brag Tag necklaces. This is not required- it is a way for kids to share with you something we are working on in school and a way to earn another bead for their necklaces (which they get really excited about).
- Please remember to call the office if your child will be late for school or absent for the day. You can also message me and I can pass it along to Mrs. Ryder.
- Please be sure to ask your child how their headphones are working. There are several kids who may need a new pair.
- Don't forget to check your child's STAR Folder each night- there are many times I send paperwork home during the week. If your child is absent from school, there may be homework for them to complete and bring back the next day. Thank you for helping them with this! Also, please be sure that they have their STAR Folder with them every day.
PTO Raffle Donations
Welcome back from Spring Break! Just a reminder that we now have only a couple days left to collect items for the Basket Raffle for the Boyne Elementary Spring Carnival. Our classrooms theme is picnic and grilling. Please send in items or money by April 14th. The Basket Raffle will take place at the Spring Carnival on April 28th. The carnival will be held at the High School with carnival games and face painting, low-cost food from the Lion's Club, entertainment by Experience DJ Service, visit with Boyne City's Finest (Police, Fire and Ambulance), hands-on learning fun with Raven Hill Discovery Center and MORE!! If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Alaina Farrington at 231.340.0355. All proceeds go the PTO fund to directly support our classrooms. Thank you for your participation!