Schoolhouse 7 Dine to Donate - THURSDAY
Schoolhouse 7 Café is proud to partner with Southeastern Elementary for a dine to donate event Thursday, December 3.
Join us for a snack, dinner, drink or treat.
Schoolhouse 7 Café will donate 20% of all sales to Southeastern Elementary PTO.
*Gift cards will also be available for purchase.
Café Address: 12125 Cyntheanne Rd., Fishers (317) 485-7717
Pottery Drop-off - Today & Tomorrow
Thank you to those who are participating in our Home Family Pottery Painting Event! Nearly 300 pottery items were purchased!
Because of the change to 100% virtual learning, drop off will look a little different.
- Completed projects should be returned in the bag provided to the same tables on either Monday, November 30 or Tuesday, December 1 before 4 p.m.
- Projects will then be kiln fired and returned to the school for pick up a few days later.
Food Drive and Holiday Light Recycling - Today & Tomorrow
Southeastern Elementary is participating in two collections this holiday season: a food drive for Fall Creek Township Food Pantry and a Holiday Light Recycling drive.
Items for each collection can be dropped off in the coordinating box or cart at Door 1 during any of the pottery drop off dates.
- Monday, November 30 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 1 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Canned Fruit for the Fall Creek Township Food Pantry
The Fall Creek Township has an on-site food pantry for those in need that reside in Fall Creek Township. The pantry offers non-perishable food items as well as basic cleaning supplies and personal care items. The pantry is in need of canned fruit and applesauce. Donations of these items would be greatly welcomed at this time.
HSE Holiday Light Recycling
This Holiday Season, HSE is asking you to give a gift to the Earth by making the choice to be more sustainable. HSE Schools will be hosting a district wide Holiday Light Recycling Program. SES will be collecting old, broken, tangled, or unwanted holiday lights. Technology Recyclers will take these unwanted/unusable lights and break them down into useable components that will be used to make new products. This prevents hundreds of pounds of e-waste from entering landfills and polluting the Earth.
Why Should People Recycle Old Holiday Lights?
- Holiday Lights are not biodegradable and will spend hundreds of years in a landfill if thrown away.
- Holiday lights are known to get into waterways and oceans. This can lead to animals becoming entangled and dying.
- New ENERGY STAR LED holiday lights are up to 75% more energy efficient than incandescent bulbs.
- LED holiday lights are not as fragile as the thin glass of incandescent bulbs.
- According to the National Fire Protection Association, switching to LED holiday lights reduces the chance of Christmas tree fires.
- LED bulbs offer more colors and features while reducing the energy consumed.
- LED holiday lights have a longer lifespan than incandescent bulbs, offering on average 25% longer life.
- Holiday lights are made from copper, glass, and plastic—valuable materials that can actually be recycled, reclaimed, and turned into new products helping preserve our environment!
PTO Angel Fund
In the fall of 2019, the PTO Executive Board, working closely with Mrs. Chastain, Mrs. Monkul and Mrs. Smith, determined it would be beneficial to create an Angel Fund to support those Southeastern students whose families may be going through a difficult time and are in need or may be financially less fortunate. The PTO views the Angel Fund as an extension of our dedicated efforts to assist Southeastern families who might not be able to fully afford the expenses of the wonderful activities and events our school has to offer.
- Today, Nov. 30, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. - Painted pottery returned for kiln firing
- Tue., Dec. 1, 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. - Painted pottery returned for kiln firing
- Thu., Dec. 3, 3 - 9 p.m. - Schoolhouse 7 Dine to Donate
- Fri., Dec. 4 - Virtual Explorer Day
- Thu., Dec. 10, 6:30 p.m. - PTO Meeting
- Fri., Dec. 18 - Winter Class Party
- Fri., Jan. 8 - Explorer Day
- Thu., Jan. 14, 6:30 p.m. - PTO Meeting
- Fri., Feb. 5 - Explorer Day
- Thu., Feb. 11, 6:30 p.m. - PTO Meeting
- Fri., Mar. 5 - Explorer Day
- Thu., Mar. 11, 6:30 p.m. - PTO Meeting
- Thu., Apr. 1 - Explorer Day
- Thu., Apr. 15, 6:30 p.m. - PTO Meeting
- Fri., May 7 - Explorer Day
- Thu., May 13, 6:30 p.m. - PTO Meeting
The PTO is working with district guidelines to plan for the 2020-21 school year. We hope to announce additional items soon.
Created with images by JillWellington - "autumn fall leaves" • Julian Hanslmaier - "Federleicht"