Welcome to the most wonderful time of the year! The festivities are right around the corner, and we have some great ideas for your next seasonal Fun Run.
These physical fitness-driven fundraising events will bring in some extra money before the end of the year, AND they are great opportunities for getting the community involved!
Whether you’re looking to add some last-minute holiday flair to your fundraiser or you’re starting from scratch, we’re here to help every step (or trot!) of the way.
October is the perfect time to add some spooky fun to your fundraiser! A Monster Dash is a silly way to make your Fun Run or other a-thon fundraiser into a productive, healthy way to get in the Halloween celebrations at your school while working toward raising money for the PTO/PTA.
- Allow students to dress up in their Halloween costumes for the Fun Run (just make sure masks, shoes and long costumes don’t get in the way of being active!)
- Play festive music like The Monster Mash, the Ghostbuster’s theme song, and Michael Jackson's Thriller during the run.
- Serve healthy snacks with a spooky twist for after the run, such as halved bananas with chocolate chips for eyes to look like ghosts or broomsticks made from cheese sticks and pretzels.
- Create Halloween-themed incentives, like a classic spooky movie with popcorn, or tickets to local Halloween events (Zoo Boo, for example).
- Get the principal involved by getting toilet paper and having the students help wrap him up like a mummy for the event!
We hope you enjoyed these ideas and that you found them helpful in making your next fundraiser a festive experience for all!
If you're ready to create a festive fundraiser for your school and are looking for some help, shoot us an email. Also, we encourage you to check out our Fun Run Store for other items to bring flair to your Fun Run!