- He had a rough childhood.
- His father was taken from him by a rival tribe.
- As he went to avenge him, he was given the name "Genghis Khan". The name means 'ruler of all'.
- Established the largest land empire ever. 11-12 million sq. mi.
- Unified the nomadic tribes of the Mongolian plateau.
- He granted religious freedom to his subjects, abolished torture, and encouraged trade.
- Created the first international postal system.
Political and Economic Involvement-
- Had supreme power.
- Invented the first international postal system.
- Had one of the largest armies in history.
- Granted religious freedom amongst his subjects.
- Music and fine arts flourished.
- Banned torture throughout the empire.
- Introduced a written script for the Mongolian language.
- 11 to 12 million square miles. Roughly the size of Africa.
- Mainly Central Asia and China.
- His descendants expanded the empire even further. It reached to Central Europe.
- Born between the border of Mongolia and Siberia.
History.com Staff. “Genghis Khan.” History.com, A&E Television Networks, 2009, www.history.com/topics/genghis-khan.
“Genghis Khan Biography | .” Biography Online, www.biographyonline.net/military/genghis-khan.html.
"Genghis Khan Biography | .” Biography Online, www.biographyonline.net/military/genghis-khan.html.
“Mongol Empire: Arts and Culture.” History on the Net, 27 July 2014, www.historyonthenet.com/mongol-empire-arts-and-culture/.