First half - scoring plays
2MIN: Country open the scoring with a strong run from Feauai-Sautia, followed by a try to flyhalf Stewart. Conversion no good. Country lead 5-0
19MIN: Beautiful midfield break sees Perese cross under the posts for Country's second. Tuttle nails the conversion. Country 12-0.
37MIN: City score their first of the game, with Samo scoring a short-range try after a 5m scrum. Alatimu converts. Country lead 12-7.
Half time: Country lead 12-7.
SECOND HALF - SCORING PLAYS
45MIN: Country open the scoring in the second half with a pick and go by Tupou, offload to Tuttle, offload to Stewart to score his second. Tuttle converts, Country lead 19-7.
60MIN: Try to Paia'aua. Country lead 24-7
66MIN: Rampaging run from Tupou to cross for Country. Conversion from Paia'aua is good. Country lead 31-7.
78MIN: City score their first of the second half with a try in the corner to Kuridrani. Conversion no good. Country lead 31-12.
FULL TIME: Bond University Queensland Country claim the Andy Purcell Cup for the first time, 31-12 over McInnes Wilson Lawyers Brisbane City.
Bond University Queensland Country 31 (Hamish Stewart 2, Izaia Perese, Duncan Paia'aua, Taniela Tupou tries; James Tuttle 2, Paia'aua conversions) defeated McInnes Wilson Lawyers Brisbane City 12 (Radike Samo, Chris Kuridrani tries; AJ Alatimu conversion) at Noosa Dolphins Rugby Club on Saturday 9 September, 2017.
BOND UNIVERSITY QUEENSLAND COUNTRY
1. Sef Fa’agase - University of Queensland, Beaudesert
2. Alex Mafi - Bond University, Mt. Isa
3. Taniela Tupou - Brothers
4. Izack Rodda (VC) - Easts
5. Harry Hockings - University of Queensland, Bowen
6. Angus Scott-Young - University of Queensland
7. Liam Wright - Easts
8. Caleb Timu – Souths
9. James Tuttle - GPS
10. Hamish Stewart - Bond University, Toowoomba
11. Eto Nabuli - GPS
12. Duncan Paia’aua (C) - Norths, Rockhampton
13. Chris Feauai-Sautia - Souths
14. Izaia Perese - Easts
15. Patrick James – Brothers
16. Alex Casey - Souths
17. Richie Asiata – Easts
18. Fred Burke - GPS
19. Angus Blyth - Bond University, Gold Coast
20. Tai Ford* – Bond University, Gold Coast
21. Tate McDermott* – University of Queensland, Sunshine Coast
22. Teti Tela - Souths
23. Jock Campbell* – University of Queensland, Gold Coast
MCINNES WILSON LAWYERS BRISBANE CITY
1. Laione Mulikhaamea – Reds/GPS
2. Andrew Ready © – Reds/Easts
3. Sam Talakai – Reds/Brothers
4. Dan Gorman – GPS
5. Lukhan Tui – Reds/Souths
6. Radike Samo – GPS
7. Michael Gunn – Reds/Easts
8. Reece Hewat – Reds/Norths
9. Moses Sorovi – Reds/University of Queensland
10. Quade Cooper – Reds/Souths
11. Ed Fidow – Wests
12. AJ Alatimu – GPS
13. Maaloga Konelio – GPS
14. Chris Kuridrani – Reds/GPS
15. Jayden Ngamanu – Reds/Fullback
16. Maile Ngauamo – Souths
17. Markus Vanzati – Reds/Souths
18. Feao Fotuaika – Sunnybank
19. Michael Richards - GPS
20. Adam Korczyk – Reds/University of Queensland
21. Pat Morrey – University of Queensland
22. Issak Fines-Leleiwasa – Sunnybank
23. Henry Taefu - Sunnybank