We have really enjoyed December, the children have made and sold objects at the Christmas Fair as part of an enterprise project and raised over £1000 - this has helped us to subsidize the Pantomime trip for all children this year and buy them an icecream.
The children have enjoyed rehearsing for their performances this term. Year 2 and Year 1 loved 'The Christmas Toy Story', Foundation performed 'The Wriggly Nativity' and Year 5 enjoyed singing Carols at their Carol concert.
We are all looking forward to singing at the Carol concert at the Church service on Friday 20th December.
In between all of this fun we have also been working hard with our english, maths and topic work...I'm sure all the children are on Santa's list for Christmas day, they have been amazing!
Happy Christmas and New Year greetings to everyone - enjoy!!
Thank you parents for all of your hard work at home - we couldn't do it without you!
We will see everyone in the New Year on MONDAY 6th January at 8:50am.
All of our year 5 have had amazing experiences this term with a range of emergency services, they have been a credit to our school and we have had lots of compliments about their behaviour and attitude towards learning.
Dates for your diary:
- Monday 6th January - First day back at school.
- Wednesday 8th January and Thursday 9th (mornings) - FS2 (Mrs Lacey/Miss Watson) trip to Worsbrough res to extend the bird watching interest and think of ideas to create our bird hide
- Tuesday 14th January @ 3:30pm - Y1 phonics parents meeting
- Thursday 16th January @ 3;30 - Y2 and Y3 phonics parents meeting (Just for the children accessing phonics, selected parents will be notified)
- Thursday 30th January - Parents invited into EYFS for a maths morning until, from drop off till 10:00am.
Created with images by freestocks.org - "untitled image" • Erwan Hesry - "While walking in the street in Paimpont (France - Brittany), it was around midday, I was searching a special photo spot. The place isn’t really big, so finding a good spot could be easy. Then this door appeared. The cloudy sky gave a really good light on this door. Colors were so beautiful with the vivid blue, red and green. Here is the spot I searched." • JESHOOTS.COM - "untitled image"