The Participant's Desire For Experiences
According to NBCNews, "traveling is not only fun and exciting, there's ample research to suggest it's highly beneficial for your physical, mental and emotional health as well”
Travel and the desire for experience can positively impact a person for a lifetime. Some of the ways an incentive trip can benefit your employee or customers are:
- Traveling can help create meaningful relationships with loved ones and colleagues.
- Traveling helps a person learn and appreciate a world outside of their own by giving them new perspectives.
- Traveling can help someone learn more about themselves by challenging what they thought they knew.
- Traveling can help develop new skills they didn't know they had by challenging them to get out of their comfort zone.
- Traveling can help refocus and relieve stress.
Entering a new era of satisfaction
The Society for Incentive Travel Excellence (SITE), found that almost 90% of respondents believe that “the power of incentive travel made them feel appreciated”
By offering incentive travel, you're not only establishing a positive relationship, but naturally increasing company loyalty.
Rewarding incentive travel can symbiotically benefit both parties by:
- Will remember that YOU gave them a trip to "Destination x" for the rest of their lives
- Your participants' happiness with their job can increase upon return leading to higher productivity and motivation to succeed
- Creating buzz in your participants' conversations with friends & family as they're sure to credit your company with the opportunity
- Increase competitive advantage over other brands