River Ridge is a brand new one bedroom, one bath modern style guesthouse. Features a fully equipped kitchen, tastefully furnished living and sleeping quarters as well as an ensuite bathroom. Situated above a 2 car detached garage and overlooking the scenic River Clyde on one side and the Glasgow Hills Golf Course on the other, it is the perfect location for a visit to Prince Edward Island!
Nestled on the river's edge on a private treed lot, this beautiful second story guesthouse is located close to the beautiful Cavendish beaches of PEI and walking distance to fine dining, golfing, shopping and The Garden of Hope and Butterfly House (rated by Trip Advisor as a 5 star attraction!!).
Located in Queens County, the village of New Glasgow is noted as one of Canada’s prettiest little towns in Harrow-smith Country Life Magazine. With rolling hills and the beautiful River Clyde, there is no better setting; stroll the village and learn its history or just relax and watch Bald eagles soaring overhead from your private guesthouse balcony.
See below a detailed list of things to do in the village of New Glasgow and nearby surrounding area; as well, check out these useful links to other attractions and services to help make your vacation on Prince Edward Island as relaxing and enjoyable as possible. We look forward to meeting you!
Dining in the Village of New Glasgow:
Attractions / Shopping in the Village of New Glasgow:
Prince Edward Island Preserve Company
- Gardens of Hope and Butterfly House - Located adjacent to the Prince Edward Island Preserve Company, the gardens offer strolling paths, gazebos, & benches for sitting, walking, talking, photos, etc. The Butterfly House is located within the Gardens of Hope and is a wonderful little greenhouse that is home to imported tropical butterflies from Costa Rica. 3 minute walk https://preservecompany.com/blogs/gardens-of-hope/13840057-the-butterfly-house
- The Toy Factory. - Visit their toy-making workshop; a variety of toys to choose from! Beautifully located in an old general store that was built in 1847. Check it out!! A Delight for all ages! 2 minute walk https://www.toy-factory.ca/
- Glasgow Hills Golfing - Since its highly anticipated opening in July 2001, Glasgow Hills has become a premier destination for golfers visiting Prince Edward Island. Notable accolades include a four star rating from Golf Digest and a listing in the top 70 golf courses in Canada from the readers of The Globe and Mail. http://glasgowhills.com
- Prince Edward Island Preserve Company - Stop by and sample the homemade preserves - you will be delighted by the variety and quality! Enjoy a cup of tea and their raspberry cream-cheese pie or choose one of the personalized gifts for yourself or a loved one back home. 3 minute walk. https://preservecompany.com/
- Glasgow Glen Farm - Cheese made right on sight, nice viewing through windows of the rooms where they make and store the cheese! (20 minute walk, 3 minute drive).http://glasgowglenfarm.ca/
Some Other Recommended Prince Edward Island Attractions
- Beaches! Beaches! Beaches! 10 minute drive to Cavendish National Park! Many other beaches to explore as well! Other attractions located in Cavendish, include, Green Gables House (for fans of Anne of Green Gables, Avonlea Village (No entrance fee), Shining Waters Family Fun Park and shopping at Cavendish Boardwalk!
- Take in a musical at Confederation Centre of the Arts in Charlottetown. 30 minutes drive to downtown Charlottetown.
- While in Charlottetown, stop by Richmond Street for food and entertainment!
- Another Island favourite while in Charlottetown is the Redshores Racetrack and Casino
- Deep Sea Fishing! 10 minute drive to North Rustico or Stanley Bridge.
A Few Helpful Links
- Festivals and Events: http://buzzon.com/. http://festivalspei.com/calendar/action~agenda/exact_date~1-7-2017/
- Car Rentals from Charlottetown Airport http://www.flypei.com/car_rentals. It's a 20 minute drive from airport to River Ridge Guesthouse.
To book our Guesthouse, please refer to VRBO.com listing River Ridge Guesthouse (Prince Edward Island) or via email - firstname.lastname@example.org.