This year the Troy School District is celebrating the Troybery Award's 20th Anniversary. The Troybery reading program has become an integral part of our school culture and a tradition that our students look forward to every year. It inspires Troy middle school students to become passionate readers that annually nominate, read, and vote on their favorite middle school books. This year's winner will be announced at our annual Troybery Awards ceremony on May 1, 2020, attended by 60 lucky students from each middle school. Please click on the link above to find out more information.
Troybery Challenge 2020 Details
- To celebrate the Troybery Award's 20th anniversary, we are challenging our students and staff to read as many of the 190 former Troybery books as they can!
- Each month, we will challenge students to read specific Troybery books. October’s challenge is to read a Troybery Horror or Sports book, OR to read a staff member’s favorite!
- Students and staff will enter a drawing each month if they complete the month’s challenge. From there, we will draw monthly winners for prizes.
- 60 students will be selected to attend the Troybery ceremony this year. It will be held at Athens’ auditorium. One winning class from each school will attend the Troybery ceremony on May 1.
- Troybery author Caroline Tung Richmond will be present during the Troybery ceremony. She was the author of last year’s Troybery third-runner up Live in Infamy. Following the Troybery ceremony, she will do a presentation about how to become a writer. We will feature all of her books, Troyberys and non-Troyberys, in the Media Center this year.
- After the district tallies up the numbers of how many staff members and students participated in the monthly challenges…..one lucky middle school will win an all-school assembly with the Troybery author on May 1 after the Troybery ceremony!
Cold Weather Preparation
With cold weather and the holidays quickly approaching, we wanted to take a moment to reach out to any families that may be in need of assistance regarding clothing, food, etc. Please connect with your child’s counselor for more information. There are many local programs and support systems to help during difficult times. All information is kept confidential.
The Baker Middle School Parent/Teacher Organization provides comprehensive services and support to students, parents and teachers to enhance the learning environment and experience. They provide support and funding for activities within Baker, TSD and the Troy community. If you would like to learn more information about the PTO and how you can get involved, feel free to join us for one of the PTO Board Meetings.
PTO Board Meeting Dates
- Monday 10/28
- Monday 11/25
- Monday 1/27
- Monday 2/24
- Monday 3/23
- Monday 4/27
- Monday 5/18
It’s time to submit your boxtops! The program is moving to a scan your grocery receipt process, but we know you have some physical box tops still lying around! Please have your student turn them in to their 4th hour teacher by October 22nd to support the Baker PTO! Thank you!
Hello and welcome to the Baker Bob Shop!! We really appreciate you signing up to volunteer. The shift runs every school day from 11:15am - 1:00pm. On these days we need one Shop Keeper, with the exception of Tuesdays and Fridays. These are Candy Days and usually very busy, so we ask for two Shop Keepers.
Don't worry if you have not volunteered in the past. There are directions in the Bob Shop, and Jennifer Molotky is there most days as a noon aide. She is overseeing the Bob Shop this year and is happy to help anyone who needs it!
Please review the slots using the link below and sign up where you can. Be mindful to let everyone have a chance to take a spot so as to be fair. Again, we really appreciate your willingness to help out and have fun Shop Keepers!! Feel free to email or text me any questions.
Kroger Rewards & Amazon Smile
The Baker PTO has the opportunity to raise a significant amount of funds every year through purchases regularly made at Kroger and Amazon! Many of you already make purchases through these companies. They are willing to donate a portion of the proceeds back to Baker. These funds go directly into the classroom, impacting all Baker students. If you have not registered yet with Kroger or Amazon, simply click on the links below to find out how. Please consider asking your family and friends to sign up for this FREE benefit for our Bobcats. Thank you for support of the Baker PTO.
Troy Food Service is Hiring!
The Troy Schools Food Service Department, which is contracted by Chartwells, is seeking friendly people willing to fill various vacancies within the Food Service Department that are responsible for providing lunches to the students of the Troy School District. Not to worry if you haven’t had previous experience, as “on the job” training will be available! Depending on the school, the hours would primarily be during the middle of the day, but will vary depending on the vacancy. And you would be earning some extra money while your students are in school! Come join our Food Service Staff by calling 248-823-5089, or please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YEARBOOK ORDER FORMS