“You love the roses – so do I. I wish the sky would rain down roses, as they rain From off the shaken bush. Why will it not? Then all the valley would be pink and white And soft to tread on. They would fall as light As feathers, smelling sweet; and it would be Like sleeping and like waking, all at once!”
By - George Eliot
Flowers & Personalities
With the hundreds of sizes, shapes and colours flowers come in, floral designs are one of the easiest gifts to customize. When it comes to gift giving, carefully selecting the flower varieties and colours you send will result in thoughtful, customized gifts people appreciate and like to receive.
The first step is to consider the preferences of the person who is receiving the gift. For instance:
- What colours does she like?
- Consider the likes and dislikes of the recipient. Would they like a bouquet of flowers or an arrangement or maybe a plant?
- Do they have a favourite type of flower?
- Do they like flowering plants or a plant they can later transfer to their garden?
- What are his or her hobbies?
What is the message you would like to convey?
If you always give flowers on certain occasions, try giving something different each time. With the wide variety of flowers and plants available you should never run out of choices. Remember, sometimes the best reason to give flowers is for no reason at all.