- To promote health and reduce chronic disease risk through the consumption of healthful diets and achievement and maintenance of healthy body weights.
- To increase the proportion of physician office visits that include counseling or education related to nutrition or weight based on the clients.
- To prevent inappropriate weight gain in older adults.
- To increase the variety and contribution of vegetables and fruits to the diets of older adults who are diagnosed with hypertension and diabetes.
The client will be asked three pretest questions before the process started and will be asked the same questions after the teaching to understand how much he understood the concept of nutrition.
Pretest Assessment :
- What kind of foods can put you more at risk to increase your blood sugar.
- Client's Answer: Vegetables and fruits, because I can't get enough carbohydrate out of vegetables and fruits.
- As far as we put fruits and vegetables in our table, we don't need to look the portion of fats and carbohydrates in our plate.T/F
- Client's Answer: True: I like to eat fat like cheese and bread. even though there is nothing in vegetables, I think I can get enough glucose from the carbohydrates and fats.