Big News in 2020
- Refined our company's values and guiding principles to intentionally and comprehensively address our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI); highlight our business goals; and underscore our company culture.
- Enhanced our focus on DEI through continued staff member training and refinement of our DEI action plan that maps out the ways in which PRA can be a more inclusive and equitable workplace for employees.
- Awarded the SAMHSA-funded Homeless and Housing Resource Center (HHRC) grant. HHRC will provide high-quality, no-cost training for health and housing professionals in evidence-based practices that contribute to housing stability and recovery and an end to homelessness.
- Launched the Competence to Stand Trial microsite, a one-stop-shop for competence to stand trial/competence restoration resources, research, and tools.
- Received silver-level recognition in the American Heart Association's 2020 Workplace Health Achievement Index.
- Named a 2020 Capital Region Healthy Employer by the Albany Business Review.
- Released Take Charge! A Workbook to Enhance Well-Being with the Eight Dimensions of Wellness, a workbook designed to offer individuals a self-paced, guided exploration of each of the Eight Dimensions of Wellness. Take Charge! is a hard-copy workbook developed in collaboration with national experts and is available for purchase on the PRA website.
- Transitioned to a remote workplace in March due to the COVID-19 pandemic and kept all staff members retained and supported so that we could continue creating positive social change virtually.
Publications & Products
- Release to What? Behavioral Health-Based Strategies to Address COVID-19 | Policy Research, Inc.
- Responding to Individuals in Behavioral Health Crisis via Co-Responder Models: The Roles of Cities, Counties, Law Enforcement, and Providers | Policy Research, Inc. and the National League of Cities
- Spotlight on Trueblood Diversion Programs | Policy Research Associates, Inc.
- Connecting Unaccompanied Youth Experiencing Homelessness to Social Security Disability Benefits | SAMHSA SOAR TA Center
- Homeless and Housing Resource Center Overview | HHRC
- Washington’s Homeless System’s Map | Policy Research
- ARDRAW Cohort 3 Project Presentation Webinars | Analyzing Relationships Between Disability, Rehabilitation and Work Small Grant Program
- SSI for Children: Information Sheets | SAMSHA SOAR TA Center
- SSI/SSDI Outreach, Access, and Recovery for American Indian and Alaska Native Communities | SAMHSA SOAR TA Center
- Caring for Youth With Behavioral Health Needs in the Juvenile Justice System: Improving Knowledge and Skills of the Professionals Who Supervise Them | NCYOJ
- Children's Mental Health Awareness: A Focus on Resilience and Well-Being | NCYOJ
- Self-Care and Wellness: An Important Focus for Staff Implementing a School Responder Model | NCYOJ
Service Members, Veterans, and their Families
- Creating a Better Workplace Environment to Support Our Service Members, Veterans, and their Families | SAMHSA's SMVF TA Center
- Engaging Service Members & Veterans at Risk: Best Practices, Tools & Resources | SAMHSA's SMVF TA Center
- SAMHSA's SMVF TA Center 2020 Year in Review | SAMHSA's SMVF TA Center
- Competence to Stand Trial Microsite | Policy Research Associates
- Evaluation and Restoration of Competence to Stand Trial: Intercepting the Forensic System Using the Sequential Intercept Model | Psychiatric Services
- Peers Support Roles Across the Sequential Intercept Model | Policy Research Associates
PRA in the Press
- Announcing the 2020 List of Albany Business Review's Healthiest Employers | Albany Business Review
- Community Action Partnership of Mid-Nebraska Program Can Help Social Security Appeals, Applications | The North Platte Telegraph
- Governor Sisolak Signs Proclamations Supporting Suicide Prevention in Nevada | 3 News Las Vegas
- Milwaukee County's Criminal Justice Leadership Collaborates on Response to Public Health Emergency | Milwaukee Independent
- Trauma Response Training Now Offered in the State by Alabama Department of Mental Health | CBS 42 Alabama
- What the Coronavirus Crisis Reveals About Vulnerable Populations Behind Bars and on the Streets | The Conversation