The Pendergast Elementary School District is welcoming all future kindergarten students and their families to a FREE event on Wednesday, March 1, 2017 from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm at the the Pendergast Community Center.
The second annual event will celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday and Read Across America with amazing festivities. Pendergast Kindergarten teachers will help prepare students and parents for kindergarten with relevant lessons in reading, writing, math and provide kindergarten tips for success. Door prizes, refreshments, rides in school buses and much more will be offered to families in English and Spanish. Each family attending will receive a free readiness kit with math, reading and phonics activities, a writing journal, an age appropriate book, pencils and much more.
All Pendergast Schools offer families and students:
- Free full day kindergarten
- Physical education, art and music
- Highly trained staff
- Parental involvement opportunities
- High achievement for all students
- 21st century technology in every classroom
- Family support services
- Nutritious breakfast and lunch programs
- Phonics based reading program
- Safe and secure campuses
- Dual Language Academies at Desert Horizon and Sunset Ridge
District Superintendent Dr. Lily Matos DeBlieux will kick-off the event along with the District Mascot Bruce the Bee who will pose for pictures with future students. Door prizes will be provided and refreshments will be served.
Governing Board President Jose Arenas shares, "After the success of the Kindergarten Readiness Event last year with over 800 in attendance, we are excited to once again give families the opportunity to see what Pendergast schools have to offer. This free event will not only prepare future kindergarten students, it will also highlight the fantastic kindergarten experience we offer in Pendergast's twelve schools. Families will also have the opportunity to tour the Pendergast Community Center and visit the Family Resource Center, as well as, the Maricopa Integrated Health Systems Family Clinic. We welcome all students to our amazing District."
Registration representatives will be on hand to register students who will be five years of age on or before September 1, 2017. To register, parents need to bring the following:
A government issued photo identification.
Two Proofs of Residency - Main (must be current within the last 30 days)
- Mortgage Purchase Statement or Rental/Lease Agreement
- SRP/APS Electric Bill displaying parent name and home address
- Southwest Gas Bill displaying parent name and home address
- Water Bill displaying parent name and home address
Proof of Residency - Secondary (must be current within the last 30 days)
- Telephone Bill displaying parent name and home address
- Doctor's Bill displaying parent name and home address
- Bank or Credit Card Statement displaying parent name and home address
- Car Insurance displaying parent name and home address
Immunization Records and a Certified Copy of Child's Birth Certificate
The Pendergast Elementary School District welcomes students from out of district through open enrollment.
For Additional information or to RSVP for this free community event, please contact Lulu Rood at email@example.com or by calling 623-772-2339.