Here is a brief visual introduction to the Elements & Principles of Art
According to the Ministry Expectations for Grade 10 Art, these are the Es & Ps of Design that you should know:
Which explanation of the E&Ps of Design do you prefer?
Which explanation would you learn the most from?
Why do we have to learn the E&Ps?
- they provide a vocabulary to express what you want to create and to talk about the work of others
- they are building blocks and organizing principles for making art
- they should be more than definitions that you memorize
- you should be able to do more than just identify them
Your task is to make these concepts come to life. It's your job to make others want to use use line expressively, overcome their lack of confidence, and inspire them to organize their artwork in exciting new and effective ways.
- Research exciting ways the E&Ps have been used in the past and present. Use Pinterest to collect images and videos.
- Know and be able to use the E&Ps of design yourself in meaningful ways. Play with the concepts.
- Use Adobe Spark Apps to create a dynamic presentation that includes an activity for your audience. Use Adobe Spark Page to create a website and Adobe Spark Video to create a presentation.
Other ways to explain concepts: