Library and Learning Centre
The ASK the Library service is still operational.
CTIL have created a new organisation for co-ordinating all elearning information and support for staff called eLearning support for instructors. All staff have been enrolled on it.Access directly here or choose 'Organisations' from the main menu and find it under 'CTIL'. Look under Useful resources and links for some sound advice, including this blog by Rebecca Barret-Fox
- Sally Brown and Kay Sambell offer rapid alternatives to face-to-face assessment as an open source resource Assessment alternatives at a time of university closures and Coronavirus Contingency Suggestions for replacing on-site exams
- A range of suggestions for online teaching from EDUCAUSE
- 10 Points to Consider in Choosing Alternative Assessment Methods for the Online EnvironmentFor COVID-19 Coronavirus Contingency Planning from the T&L National Forum
- 37 Free Online Resources for Schools Shifting Online During Coronavirus From National School Choice Week Team
- New York Times: Coronavirus Resources: Teaching, Learning and Thinking Critically
- Erik Devaney's blog post has lots of useful advice on working from home (apart from No 5!) How to Work From Home: 20 Tips From People Who Do It Successfully
- Plymouth State University offers this advice which includes a worksheet and example answers that might help you to identify the key things you need to focus on as you move your teaching online Rule of 2’s: Keeping it Simple as You Go Remote for COVID19
- How to record lectures or presentations with PowerPoint
- EmergingEdTech has a useful blog post The Top 7 Apps to Boost Student Proactiveness you might want to point your students to (with a caveat about using Cite This for Me)
- SAGE Publishing provides free access to Resources to help you transition to online teaching
- Short blog post by Doug Parkin: top ten tips on how to cope with issues around online delivery and how to use Zoom for programme delivery
Martin Weller's (Professor of Education Technology at the Open University) blog post (with additional resources) The COVID-19 online pivot: Adapting university teaching to social distancing
Created with images by Andrew Neel - "Woman working by a window" • Nick Fewings - "In the bar of the hotel that I was staying at, they had a whole wall full of reading material for the guests. I was staying their long enough to read any, plus, I was too busy taking photographs!!" • Allie Smith - "The Micromanager: Working from home under the scrutinizing eye of the watchdog" • Avel Chuklanov - "untitled image" • Vidar Nordli-Mathisen - "Abandoned House" • Sam Schooler - "For more travel inspiration, check out @samschooler on Instagram. "