Women for Women Ecuador provided a full day conference that opened up the dialogue of the state of women and women's influence in Ecuador. It also offered a well-balanced set of presentations shared between local Ecuadorian leaders and International leaders. The sessions included an intense discussion about technology, business, banking, professional growth, entrepreneurship, and opportunities to reduce barriers and increase success. Presenters ranged from UN Women Ecuador local leaders, localized agenda with a global vision, and gender issues discussion. The session also provided networking opportunities from IMAQTO- Quito local tech industry and so much more.
solano hispanic chamber of commerce awards on IWD 2018
Special thanks to the Solano Hispanic Chamber of Commerce for recognizing our founder and business as the 2018 Hispanic Business Leader! It was such a treat and honor to receive this award during one of our most active seasons leading global activities for women's empowerment on International Women's Day.
- Panelists: Dr. Patricia Valdespino Castillo - Visiting Postdoctoral Fellow, Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory Topic: Women in science
- Nathalie Delrue McGuire - Honorary Consul of Belgium Topic: Women in diplomacy
- Antonia Lavine - Coordinator, San Francisco Collaborative Against Human Trafficking Topic: Human Trafficking
- Beverly Upton - Executive Director, San Francisco Domestic Violence Consortium Topic: Domestic Violence
- Moderator: Roxana Damas - UNA-USA East Bay Chapter Board Member
- Performances: Lee Kane’s Theater Dance Program - Dancers Samantha Kane, Lea Schickler, Olivia Braun, & Roan Pearl Melanie O'Reilly - Celtic Jazz professional singer/composer, Musician-in-Residence at the University of California Berkeley