BFREE is seeking 5-6 motivated Volunteer Field Assistants for Summer 2017. Availability for Volunteer Field Assistants range from May 1 - July 31, 2017. Start dates are flexible, however- applicants must apply for a minimum of three weeks and a maximum of seven weeks.
This is a complete volunteer position. Field Assistants will pay their own travel costs to the BFREE Biological Field Station and a project fee of $350 per week (3 week minimum required). This project fee covers food and accommodations while at the BFREE Field Station. A large number of past students have received funding and/or credit from their host institution to participate. Belizean rates available for local students, please contact Tyler Sanville at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
- A positive and flexible attitude, desire to learn and work hard, willingness to adapt to a changing work environment
- Comfortable living in remote and rustic living conditions in a tropical environment, ability to get along with others in tight, close-knit, living conditions.
- Commitment to BFREE’s mission and a passion for environmental education and conservation
- Avian Volunteer Field Assistant must be proficient and active on eBird
- Selected applicants must complete a physician signed health form of good health
All volunteers will assist with general day to day needs around the field station including the cacao and coffee agroforest work, helping with meal preparation and clean-up, assist with trail maintenance, town runs, and administrative tasks. Duties may change as determined by current needs at the time of your assignment.
Please email BFREE Program Coordinator, Tyler Sanville with a letter of interest as well as a completed application to email@example.com by May 31st to be considered for Summer 2017 Volunteer Field Assistant opportunities. You will be notified once your application has been reviewed.
Begin your application, email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- A letter of interest stating preferred volunteer position as well as preferred field dates.
- Completed Volunteer Field Assistant application (Note: The fillable PDFs need to be downloaded, then filled out and saved in Acrobat only as they are not compatible with other viewers such as Preview for Mac, or the browser viewer in Safari or Chrome.)
- Find out more about BFREE at: www.bfreebz.org
- Learn more about our: Current Research
- Follow BFREE on: Facebook
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach BFREE Program Coordinator, Tyler Sanville by email at email@example.com.