weekly school News
** Each week be sure to scroll to the bottom of the weekly newsletter for all kinds of community and extracurricular activities/events (basketball, chalkfest, cheerleading, cross country, etc...)
1. #thankfulThursday: As mentioned earlier this year, we had a large group of staff members who met on several occasions over the summer to discuss our old "Behavior Card." The goal was to find a way to make this a more positive communication tool for our parents and students. This card was created as a scaled feedback tool to provide you with, not only the traditional information you have always received, but also a glimpse into the positive choices and leadership that your child is displaying throughout his/her day.
Knowing this, the office staff is requesting your help again. We would like to share with our staff regular, positive feedback from a variety of sources. Please take a few moments and use the link below to provide some encouragement to those folks that are making a major difference in your child's future. These comments can be anonymous, or you can provide your name. The office staff will use the provided comments every Thursday for our #thankfulThursday movement. The attached form can be completed, as little or often as you like, throughout the entire school year. We appreciate your continued support in growing the culture of gratitude that already exists at MIS!!
A couple of comments that have been shared:
"I appreciate having a teacher who supports a student trying something new and encouraging them. Mrs. Knecht-Strong, thank you for the kindness you bring to each day."
"Mrs. Tilley has gone above and beyond helping my son in reading. She stays after school on Wednesdays with him and other students to tutor them in reading. She brings snacks and makes learning something that is difficult for him, fun. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart."
2. Parent/Teacher Conferences: P/T conferences will occur over two evenings (October 30th & November 8th) from 4-7pm. If you have not already signed up for a time/date and would still like one, please contact your child's homeroom teacher.
3. Mandatory Bus Evacuation Drills: We are required to practice these each semester. The transportation department has scheduled our drill for the afternoon of November 5th. Please know our buses will be running a little later than normal that afternoon.
4. MIS Spiritwear: We received the spiritwear order from Team Image and sent these items home with students today.
5. E-Learning Day #2: Thursday, November 1st
For Tech Support on the eLearning Day, please call (317)477-4111 to speak with our Help Desk.
Teachers will be available to provide academic support from 8:00-11:00am on Thursday, November 1st.
6. Gotcha Prize Winners: We would like to recognize the following students for exhibiting great character throughout the week. They were selected as our "Gotcha" prize winners this week:
Ava W., Dillon S., and Whitley B.
7. Family STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Night: This event will take place on November 14th from 6:30-7:30pm. Click below for more details.
8. ILEARN (replaces ISTEP+): Attached is a document from the Indiana Department of Education identifying 5 Key Points for Parents to know about the new assessment students will be taking this spring.
9. School Dismissal Manager: Should you still need to sign up for School Dismissal Manager, please click the link below.
10. Volunteer Forms: Click on the link. Once you are on the page, click on the red apply button in the upper right hand corner to complete the process.
Keeping Up With the Latest Information at MIS
Click the button below for more details
- MIS PTO Email Contact: MaxwellPTO.firstname.lastname@example.org
- MIS Twitter Feeds (#proud2bMIS, #MISgotchas)
October 30th/November 8th: P/T Conferences (4-7pm)
November 1st: E-learning Day #2
November 5th: 5th Grade DARE Graduation (8:00am)
November 5th: Bus Evacuation Drills
November 12th: Veteran's Day Q/A - 5th Grade (8:30am)
November 14th: Family STEM Night (6:30-7:30pm)
OPPORTUNITIES AROUND MIS, GC, AND THE LOCAL COMMUNITY