What is a Fraternity/Sorority?
- A group of people sharing a common profession or interest
- The state of feeling of friendship and mutual support within a group---Oxford University Press
Fraternity/sorority definition: A deep bond of brotherhood and sisterhood who are committed to holding themselves to a higher standard academically & socially for life.
- Academic Support
- Leadership and Character Development
- Giving back to the community
- Life Long bonds with people of shared values
- Career Opportunties
- Does require additional commitments of student's time and energy
- Each chapter has distinctive requirements in regards to membership fee and grade point average requirements
Chapters and Councils
There are over 1,500 CSUF student actively involved across the 25+ Chapters that are part of the Greek System
Each council is responsible for the management and administration of multiple chapters.
- Interfraternity Council (IFC)
- Multicultural Greek Council (MGC)
- National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC)
- Panhellenic Council (PHC)