At the Shoprite Group, we are passionate about:
• Good customer service: We aim to be the global leader in customer service by putting the customer first in everything we do and ensuring that every customer leaves the store happy. We empower employees to do what is necessary to ensure our customers are satisfied.
• Being a business with heart: We are aware that we are part of a broader community and we #ActForChange. We ensure that we remain relevant to and are trusted by the communities we serve through job creation, providing affordable products, lending a helping hand to those in need and feeding the most vulnerable.
• Integrity: We believe in treating all people, whether they are colleagues or customers, with respect. We believe in being accountable, keeping our promises and dealing fairly and honestly. We believe in earning trust through responsible and ethical behaviour. We believe relationships are for the long term.
At the Shoprite Group, we don’t waste. We:
• Have an unrelenting focus on keeping costs low to ensure that we deliver household goods to our customers at the most affordable prices.
• Strive for efficiency in everything we do. We can reduce our environmental footprint while saving costs for our customers by doing the most we can with as little as we can.
• Utilise surplus and distribute it to those in need.
At the Shoprite Group, we contribute by:
• Investing in people: We invest in our people so that they invest in us. We believe that teamwork, career development, promoting from within and job security are foundations of a great workplace.
• Sharing our success: Our success allows us to impact positively on the economies of communities, regions and countries where we operate. We repay the support of our customers by giving back.
• Giving access to market: We are passionate about supporting and growing small local producers through procurement, providing access to our distribution network, education and logistical support.
• Embracing transformation: We believe in playing a role in the economic transformation of people in the countries we operate in through job creation, skills transfer, career development, local sourcing and social upliftment.