Come join North America’s premier timber engineering and construction company!
StructureCraft specializes in the structural engineering, design, fabrication, and erection of timber structures incorporating steel, glass, concrete, and other materials. We work with clients and architects to create carefully detailed buildings and bridge structures that break new ground in sophistication, craftsmanship, and quality. We thrive on new and challenging design concepts, materials, and construction methods. StructureCraft enjoys pushing the boundaries in complex geometry, digital fabrication, and material testing and research, and our work in this regard has been recognized internationally, including numerous awards for innovation in timber engineering and construction.
Reporting to the 3D Design & Drafting Manager, the Senior 3D Mass Timber Checker is responsible for working within StructureCraft’s CAD department, providing in-house checking, quality control on a multitude of projects covering all sectors. Projects involve from one to five 3D designers and are often delivered under tight time frames and precise budgets. Promoting accuracy, completeness, and efficiency through the project cycle is a key component of this position.
- Examine models to ensure they follow structural and architectural design drawings.
- Examine models for accuracy and conformance to internal standards.
- Review connections to ensure conformity with specifications and sketched supplied by the project engineer.
- Reviewing shop layout drawings (approval drawings), and erection drawings.
- Verifying all fabrication packages are accurate including fabrication and assembly drawings, master lists, and CNC data files for the fabrication process.
- Mentoring and technically assist detailers in all aspects of steel/timber detailing.
- Promoting continuous improvement and contributing to company-wide policies, standards, and procedures.
Position terms and conditions
This is a permanent full-time position. We are headquartered in Abbotsford, BC and this role would be located at our headquarters. We offer a benefits package that includes 3 weeks vacation, extended medical, life insurance, disability insurance, and a matching RRSP program after 2 years of employment.
Send your application including resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org