LET'S TALK DIGITAL UPSKILLING
TechWORKS provides free innovative programming across Vancouver Island
We provide training to young adults who want to sharpen their workplace digital skills and find pathways into BC's growing digital-based job market
Our teams coach participants to translate existing digital skill sets & experience into digital workplace skills
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if I have to miss a session for work, school, family emergency, or other commitments?
- Participants will be expected to inform their facilitator in advance and make arrangement for material missed
How and what do I get paid for participating?
- Each participant will receive a cheque biweekly (based on attendance)
- For each full day of participation, one will receive a stipend of $25
What technology do I need in order to participate? And what happens if I don’t have the required technology?
- Participants require a computer and webcam with internet access
- A quiet space where you can talk freely without disruptions
- If you do not have access, the TechWORKS team will work with you to help you obtain the necessary equipment
Created with images by Wesson Wang - "untitled image" • Tran Mau Tri Tam - "untitled image" • Glenn Carstens-Peters - "untitled image" • Tim Swaan - "Whangarei Falls footbridge" • Mimi Thian - "untitled image" • Estée Janssens - "Back to school with a bullet journal" • Aksa2011 - "camera webcam computer" • Jon Tyson - "untitled image"