Project Began on Sept 20th, 2016
- 1200 FTM with Universe Rotor with 10mm blades
- Depth of Fraze Mowing was about 5/32" or 4mm into the thatch layer. Setting on Fraze Mower was 9986.
Field Top Maker with Universe Rotor in action.
Upon completion of Fraze Mowing. The field was aerated utilizing the Campey Imants Shockwave.
The incorporation of the Shockwave proved to be an integral part of the renovation.
- Allowed for increased air and water movement.
- Released available nutrients for turf recovery.
- Relieving compaction providing a safer surface for the athletes.
Shockwave process in slow motion
Following incorporation of the Campey Imants Shockwave, the field was slit-seeded three directions for a total seeding rate of 8lbs/1000 sqft. The seed used was a 70/30 Perennial Ryegrass/Kentucky Bluegrass blend.