St. Maarten Montessori School (Dutch Caribbean)
- Taught all subjects in a lower elementary classroom.
- Planned the academic curriculum, planned the sequence of presentations, presented Montessori materials, guided students in their work, managed class, established class routines, kept records, prepared classroom environment, made materials, supervised dismissal of all students.
- Curriculum included a weekly spelling test.
- Wrote report cards, conducted parent-teacher interviews, dealt with parents, gave formal presentations to parents for parent information/education nights.
- Prepared elementary class for participation in Christmas recital.
- Participated in and implemented additional school events, i.e. Halloween party, Pancakes with Dad, Tea with Mum, etc.
- Wrote monthly class newsletter.
School Readiness Instructor
Scadding Court Community Centre
- Taught groups of children aged 3-4 in pre-school program.
- Implemented math and language activities designed to help prepare children for entry into Junior Kindergarten.
- Planned curriculum, conducted circles, worked with children in groups and individually, set up classroom, established class routines, made learning materials, conducted field trips.