welcome to our reading and literature unit!
...as promised here‘s some to 1984. video clips with scenes that go beyond the excerpts we read. It will take you some 15 minutes or so to watch... Be careful: after 5 clips: SPOILER ALERT!
spoiler alarm from here!! spoiler alarm from here!!spoiler alarm from here!!spoiler alarm from here!!spoiler alarm from here!!
Our short introduction to an astonishingly vivid depiction of what has become part of our lives (luckily only to some extend) comes to an end soon. For some more insight into the phenomemon of language and the meaning of the word Orwellian see the following video.
George Orwell‘s warning...
please buy this edition of ABOUT a BOY..it‘s only 6.99... or the one I had, but it‘s 10 something. Actually it won‘t matter as long it is the original text.
what you will know at the end of this unit...
- POV of this novel, impact of POV on reader/ reception of a story
- revision: mode of presentation, direct/indirect characterization
- character constellation in the novel
- struggles the characters have to go through
- difference of film and novel
- Different genres with examples
- analyzing literature (not only about a boy...)
- Stylistic devices
Science and Technology
Further watching and reading below, pick the topic you‘re interested in!
video link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fyB9PuGc3CU
#genetic engineering of animals
Next Thursday Dec. 21st: .. lets go to the movies!
You meet in your respective classrooms at 10:30 (be in time, please!) and walk to the Regina cinema with your teachers. end: 13:00...
Hi everybody, here‘s a reminder for your assignment - actually due today -. Since my son is ill, I can’t come today .... So a chance for you to make sure your notes meet everybody‘s expectations. 👍🏻
handout/ excerpt by Ian McEwan. SOLAR - task 1 (describe Beard‘s attitude towards climate change. Give reasons from the text (=quote!)
For those of you who want to spend a moment on grammar... press the links below.
Feel free to search for your own topics, favorite „grammar teasers“, punctuation flaws... on https://www.englishgrammar101.com
Hi folks! Remember: announced test on Tuesday! (comment)
- good introduction
- start with a topic statement. (indent!!)
- explain, give reason and exemplify
- indent: add another argument
- indent: write a conclusion (no further argument,,)
click here for a video about macbeth and richard lll
sonnet 116 ... watch out the version in "Pride and Prejudice"...
Save the date... 18.10.
3. u. 4. Stunde... bitte 3 Euro mitbringen bis Ende der Woche... lg Nicole Richter
Richard III, Act 2 watch this video, 8 minutes
shakespeare's rhythm and meter....
here's the video that unfortunately didn't work in class. Enjoy... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I5lsuyUNu_4
From here on 🔽 it's about Globalization... 11/2
homework assignment: watch documentary: corporation starting at 5'55" to 15'43" Answer the following questions:
- What was the birth of corporations?
- How where early corporations different from today's corporations - what remained the same?
- How would you translate "corporation" into German?
- A corporation is a legal person... Consequence?