These are the 4 most major landforms and waterways in the Northeast.
The northeast has four distinct seasons. Summer, fall, winter, and spring.
Winters are often extremely cold and snowy, Summers are warm and humid. Fall and Spring are both mild.
- The northeast region fishes for lobster, crab, clams, and of course fish.
- Manufactured goods come from all over the region.
- Education is very important in the northeast especially colleges such as Harvard, Yale, and MIT.
- Hershey, Pennsylvania is home of the Worlds Largest candy factory. For Hersheys
resources and products
Dairy farming is in New York, Maryland, and Vermont. Manufactured goods come from New York, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and Connecticut . The most important products this region produces are maple syrup from Vermont, Lobster, crab and fish from the east coast, cranberries from Massachusetts,and apples from the whole region.
Lobsters from The Northeast
historical sites and landmarks
- The Liberty Bell stands in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- The Declaration of Independence was signed by Benjamin Franklin in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- The White House stands in Washington DC
- The Statue of Liberty stands big and tall in New York City
- The Old North Church in Boston, Massachusetts is also part of the Freedom Trail
- The Washington Monument in Washington DC stands 555ft tall and honors George Washington
Statue of Liberty is located in New York.
- Vermont is the 2nd least populated state. Dairy Farming is the primary source of agriculture.
- The lowest temperature ever recorded in the Northeast was -52 degrees f at Old Forge , New York February 18, 1979.
- The windiest place in North America is Mt. Washington, New hampshire.
- The northeasts' longest island is Long Island , New York which is 118 miles long