This course is intended as an introduction to the artistic medium of drawing. Throughout this course, students will utilize a variety of media to strengthen their observational skills. Through still-life, portraiture, and perspective students will explore multiple approaches to representing visual experience. Students will be able to make informed and deliberate decisions about media, technique, and composition. Students will leave this course with a strong foundation in critical observational drawing skills. This course is a prerequisite for those students interested in pursuing AP Art.
- Establish a strong foundation in drawing.
- Develop observational drawing skills.
- Develop a variety of strategies for the creative/expressive process.
Unit 2: Form
- Origami Object Drawing
- Reflective Object Drawing
- Charcoal Shoe Drawing
Unit 3: Portraiture
- Self-Portrait Techniques
- Final Self-Portrait
Unit 4: Perspective
- One Point Perspective Observational Drawing