Welcome to Los Alamos!
Los Alamos today continues to be the place where discoveries are made. Los Alamos National Lab is producing world-class science and technology and keen entrepreneurs are finding new applications for Lab-born innovations in the international marketplace. Venturesome travelers seeking an authentic experience are finding it in Los Alamos art, history, science, culture, recreation and outdoor adventures. So many things to do and see. Los Alamos is the gateway to 3 national parks, has an extensive trail network for hikers and bikers, Bradbury Science Museum, Pajarito Mountain ski area, golf, swimming and the only outdoor ice skating rink in NM. There’s camping, birding, Los Alamos History Museum, Los Alamos Nature Center and free concerts by the pond. There are lectures, exhibitions and events such as the annual Los Alamos ScienceFest.
Where to Stay
Los Alamos, and its neighboring community White Rock, are the recipients of many major accolades including “best place to live in New Mexico,” “safest city in New Mexico,” “best place to raise a family in New Mexico,” “healthiest county in New Mexico,” and “best public high schools in New Mexico.” Los Alamos and White Rock were recognized as two of the “happiest small towns in America.”
When these attributes are combined with our stunning vistas of the Jemez and Sangre de Cristo Mountains, Los Alamos is certainly a one-of-a-kind place to live. We have several resources to help you find a place to stay short- and long-term in our community.
- Rentals in Los Alamos & White Rock (NM) Facebook group
- LANL Housing
- Los Alamos Association of Realtors
- Housing Developments Overview
- Camping & Recreational Vehicle Parks
- Aspen Apartments—Susie Schillaci, Gold St, 505.500.6170, email@example.com, $775–$850
- Aspen Studio Apartments—Susie Schillaci, 1027 Ninth St., 505.500.6170 firstname.lastname@example.org, $600–$900
- Canyon Village Apts—Nuvia Macias, 3200 Canyon Road, 505.663.0680, $1050–$1170
- Casa de Luz—Kathleen Neher, 799 6th Street, 505.662.7015, $795–$975
- Central Avenue Suites—Rich Kraemer, 510 Central Ave, 505.662.0620 x326, $1,350
- 802 9th St—James Chrobocinski, 802 9th St., 505.695.3400, email@example.com, $750–$850s term
- Apartments/Homes—James Chrobocinski, Various Locations, 505.695.3400, firstname.lastname@example.org $1000–$2000s term
- Chapel Apartments—Karen Smith, 1926 24th St, 505.661.0211 x106, $1055–1250
- Cottonwoods Apts—Karen Smith, Gold Street, 505.661.0211 x106, $785–885
- Courtright Investments LLC—Geniece Courtright, 1,2, 3 bedroom units, 505.662.5430 email@example.com, $640–$1400
- East Chapel Apartments—Miguel Terrazas, 16th & Peach Streets, 505.929.1349, 505.661.2522 firstname.lastname@example.org $950
- Elk Ridge-Mobile/RV—Tina Jones, 2025 East Jemez Road, 505.662.5353, $850–$925
- Vista Del Sol—Call Office, 1051 11th Street 505.470.0730, 505.473.5117, email@example.com $575–$775
- Iris St. Studios—Karen Smith, 712 Iris St., 661.0211 x106, $735–820
- La Mesa Mobile Home Park—Karen Smith, 945 San Ildefonso, 505.661.0211 x106, $535–$555 lot rent
- Las Ventanas Townhomes—Johnna Rinquist, 600 San Ildefonso, 505.662.5417, $1375–$1475
- Mesa del Norte Apts—Cindy Pacheco, 650 San Ildefonso, 505.661.8474, $600–$900
- Mountain Vista Apts—Johnna Rinquist, 600 San Ildefonso, 505.662.5417, $534–$722
- Oppenheimer Condos—TRK Management, 1001 Oppenheimer Place, 505.662.0620 $1000 and up
- Ponderosa Pines Apts—Karen Smith, 3000 Trinity Drive, 505.661.0211 x106, $830–1270
- Tenth St. Apartments— Marcus Hall, 1075 Myrtle St., 505.662.3301, $775–$860
- Thirty 301—Marcus Hall, 3301 Canyon Rd, 505.662.3301, $1050–$1400
- Thunderbird Studio—Susie Schillaci, 1211 11th St., 505.500.6170 firstname.lastname@example.org, $575–825
- Tres Casitas Apts—Karen Smith, 562/588 Central Ave., 505.661.0211 x106, $895–995
- White Rock Apartments—Miguel Terrazas, Off Longview Drive, 505.929.1349, 505.661.2522 email@example.com, $1,000
Los Alamos Realtors
- Los Alamos Association of Realtors
- Exit Realty Advantage NM 1615 Central, Suite 100 Los Alamos, NM 87544 Office: 505.500.8222
- Los Alamos Realtors 2101 Trinity Drive, Suite D Los Alamos, NM 87544 Office: 505.661.1200
- Los Alamos Properties 1475 Central, Suite 150 Los Alamos, NM 87544 Office: 505.662.0930
- Mary Deal Realty 2610 Trinity Drive, Suite 4 Los Alamos, NM 87544 Office: 505.662.5551
- Real Estate Associates REA 1475 Central Avenue, Suite 150 Los Alamos, NM 87544 Office: 505.662.7717
- RE/MAX of Los Alamos 116 Central Park Square Los Alamos, NM 87544 Office: 505.662.6789
- Trinity Realty 1350 Central Ave, Suite 104 Los Alamos, NM 87544 Office: 505.662.0620
- Zia Realty Group 1475 Central Avenue, Suite 150 Los Alamos, NM 87544 Office: 505.662.8899
Where to Eat & Drink
Los Alamos has a variety of restaurant options, from fine dining to fast casual, from global cuisine—French, Asian, Greek, Indian and more—to New Mexican staples. You're sure to find something you love. Our community has the largest grocery store in the state, which also hosts a wine bar! LA Liquor also sells Indian groceries, and you can pick up goods imported from France at Fleur de Lys. Even our Starbucks is unique, in that you can be standing in line and hear discussions of a scientific nature…quarks and quantum dots.
- Restaurants in Los Alamos and White Rock
- Downtown Los Alamos Map
- Los Alamos' Dish on Dining Facebook group
- Custom Baked Goods (high-altitude baking can be a challenge!) www.BorrowaBaker.com
Non-alcoholic drinks also available at all of these locations:
Where to Play
Art, history, science, culture, recreation and amazing outdoor adventures are all part of the many things to see and do in Los Alamos.
With three national parks, 150+ mile trails network, Bradbury Science Museum, golf, swimming, ice skating, skiing, mountain biking, hiking, camping, birding, Los Alamos History Museum, recreational programs, Los Alamos Nature Center, concerts by the pond, lectures and events, there is no shortage of activities to experience in Los Alamos.
- Two Mondays a month at 5:30pm, starting May 20 (some exceptions), “On Tap” Speaker Series covering Science, Nature, Art & History Topics, UnQuarked Wine Room. More info at www.CreativeLosAlamos.com.
- Fridays at 7pm astronomy talks from local scientists at Los Alamos Nature Center Planetarium, and Saturdays at 2pm, watch full-dome films
- Enjoy talks, classes, outings, and more at the Los Alamos Nature Center. Plus, get out and hike our local trails and earn prizes along the way with the Passport to the Pajarito Plateau! Stop by the Nature Center to pick up one or all three of our passports.
- Night With a Nerd, via Bradbury Science Museum.
- Weekly every Thursday from 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in the parking lot adjacent to Mesa Public Library, Los Alamos Farmers Market
- First Sunday morning of each month from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., Cowboy Breakfast @ the Los Alamos County Sheriff’s Posse Lodge. Grab some eggs, bacon, sausage, and 5 different kinds of pancakes, along with juice, coffee, and milk. All you can eat for only $7! Located at 650 North Mesa Road.
- Ski Pajarito, ongoing summer events, including Summerfest (June 8), Beer & Band weekends, mountain biking and more.
- Get out and hike our local trails and earn prizes along the way with the Passport to the Pajarito Plateau! Stop by the Los Alamos Nature Center to pick up one or all three of our passports.