Welcome to "The Eagle Flyer"; Your one-stop information station.
WELCOME NEW EAGLE STAFF
EMILY FAUPEL: English Teacher
- I am from just outside of Baltimore, Maryland.
- I had never been to Colorado before I applied to CSU.
- I tragically cannot whistle but really wish I could!
- The Little Prince is my favorite book.
- I love running and I am always looking for new trails if you have any.
CURTIS MARTINDALE: Integrated Services Teacher
My name is Curtis Martindale and I am excited to join the Wellington Eagles family as an integrated services teacher. I have been a special education teacher for the past 16 years in Iowa, Wyoming, and Florida. I spent the bulk of my time at Central High School in Cheyenne, Wyoming. During this time, I have taught in a resource setting and many co-taught classrooms. I have, and miss, coaching football and basketball at multiple levels and hope to find my way back into it soon. My family is excited to start to grow roots in the Wellington area. My wife, Ashlee is from Laramie, Wyoming. My four-year-old Morgan and two-year-old Memphis keep our life quite hectic and interesting, along with our most recent newborn! We enjoy the outdoors and are excited to be back in the area we call home! Looking forward to meeting all of you and starting this journey.
CORY SLACK: PE Teacher
My name is Cory Slack and I am so excited to join the Wellington staff as part of the physical education department for the 20-21 school year. Here are a few facts about me. I am a Fort Collins native. I graduated from Poudre High School in 2001. I love to be active and spend time with family and friends. This will be my 3rd year teaching with one year of middle school experience at Westlake Middle School in Broomfield. I am very excited to get started and bring what I can to serve the Wellington community. I am also excited to meet this new team of people. Please feel free to ask questions.
As we do every year, we are preparing our fall MAP testing. This year, our fall testing will be done remotely. These tests are very important because they give us a snapshot of where our students are in English and Math. During this test, we ask that your child works independently on the test and does not use any outside resources. The test is not for a grade, but instead for instructional purposes only. Both tests will be administered on Fridays and for most, should take less than an hour and a half. Thank you for your continued support throughout this remote learning process. Further information and tips for helping your student perform at their highest potential for these tests will follow.
WMS MAP Testing Schedule Fall 2020
IMPORTANT REMINDERS FROM THE SCHOOL NURSE
As we get ready to start the school year, here are a few important reminders from the school nurses.
- Fill your Epi-Pens and inhalers early! Pharmacies run low at the beginning of the school year.
- Obtain a prescription for school medications from your child's doctor and fill out the Health Care Action Plan and Medication Authorization Forms found on the Health Services page on the school website.
- All medications in school need to be coordinated with the school nurse.
- Each medication needs to have its own Authorization To Administer Medication form.
- We are collecting forms for this school year even though it is online. When students do return, the forms will be ready to go!
- Please hold any medication until your student returns to in-person learning.
- All health related information and forms you need for the doctor to fill out can be found here.
If you have not done so, please submit your student's current immunization record or immunization exemption to the school nurse or health tech. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to Karley Boltjes (school nurse) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-556-5906. You can also reach out to Aimee Mohr (health tech) at email@example.com or 970-488-6600
If a student is having issues with their laptops, the following links can be used to help troubleshoot before calling or emailing the PSD IT department.
PSD's IT Department is providing support to students and families with a new tech help website and IT support phone line and email. Community tech help website offers device troubleshooting and application technical support information, how-to guides, a calendar with important upcoming dates related to PSD technology and more. IT support can be reached at 970-490-3339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
MEAL SERVICE DURING REMOTE LEARNING
PSD will offer sack meals to PSD students (beginning Aug. 24) from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday, at numerous PSD schools and additional locations (on scheduled school days). Students will be able to get two sack meals - one sack lunch for that day and a sack breakfast for the following morning.
- Locations include 18 school sites and 61 bus sites. The department has worked to make this as easy as possible! Below are the sites located in Wellington. All PSD locations can be found here.
- Here is the really great news: MEALS CAN BE PICKED UP AT ANY SCHOOL OR BUS SITE REGARDLESS OF THE SCHOOL THEY ARE ASSIGNED TO IN PSD!
- Students or Person picking up student's lunch will need student name and ID number.
- Menus can be found here
- Please visit the PSD Child Nutrition Website for detailed meal distribution information.
- Any child 18 and under can receive sack breakfasts and lunches. The students DO NOT have to be there in-person.
- There will be no cost for meals. Parent are encouraged to still apply for free and reduced-priced meals as this helps with school funding. For information or to apply, visit the Free and Reduced-Priced Meals website.
Wellington distribution locations
PHASE 1: QUARTER BLOCK SCHEDULE & WEEKLY SCHEDULE
We are working to support all student situations, and family complexities. While we have both synchronous and asynchronous learing times scheduled, we know this could be difficult for some students. We have adjusted some practices, and our schedule, to try to support as many students as possible. If you know that your student's situation prohibits them from attending synchronous class sessions please reach out to their teacher.
One adjustment we are making is shifting to a teaching and learning practice commonly referred to as a flipped learning model. This model allows for flexibility as to when the students access the new learning and the practice, and then time with the whole class (synchronous) allows for additional support and re-teaching if necessary. If you would like for information on the flipped learning model, check out this introductory video. In the virtual learning model, the classroom is in reference to the scheduled, synchronous periods.
*Parents and/or guardians, please note: If you are looking at a student's schedule in ParentVue, the times listed do not correlate to the schedule below. Periods are correct, however, the schedule in ParentVue represents what it will look like when we are in Phase 4. Currently, we are still in Phase 1 and we will communicate out any changes to phases when they occur.
Students will follow this schedule Monday - Thursday during Phase 1 Remote Learning. Friday will be asynchronous (independent) learning.
Schedule that shows synchronous and asynchronous learning times. Friday will be all asynchronous learning unless otherwise specified by teacher.
REPORTING ABSENCES DURING VIRTUAL INSTRUCTION
Teachers will take attendance through Synergy in each synchronous class period. There is a new feature in ParentVue, so if you know your child will be absent you can go into ParentVue on the child's page and click on the Report Absence (blue tab with alarm bell). You are also welcome to call the attendance line at 970-488-6601.
SOCIAL MEDIA SITES
Please do not hesitate to contact the school for any questions or concerns while our students are learning within any of our phases. Our office will be staffed Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. to answer questions and provide you with the resources you may need. Important information as well as contact/email addresses for teachers and staff can be found here on the new Wellington Middle School website. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we all learn to navigate through this very different start to the school year! We will navigate through this challenging time together because......EAGLES SOAR TOGETHER!!
- Principal - Kelby Benedict - email@example.com
- Assistant Principal - Steven Watkins - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dean of Students / Athletic Director - Hilarie Bartling email@example.com
- Main Line - 970-488-6600
- Attendance Line - 970-488-6601
- Fax Line - 970-488-6602