I B SCHOOL
Yew Chung International School
This school is an IB school. This school is located in Shanghai It is the first Chinese International School. Music is very important at this school. Anyone can go and they nave uniforms just like us. Kids learn to read, write, and speak Mandarin Chinese. It was the first and only school in China to receive the Cambridge Award for Excellent Education. This school has preschool, kindergarten, primary school, and secondary school. Yew Chung International school was established in 1993. The application fee is $2,000. The deposit fee is $20,000 for K 2 to year 13, for year 13 the annual cost is $17,500
In China there are dry seasons and wet monsoons. The best time to visit is in the spring. From November to February it is very cold in the north and warm in the south. February-April, September-October there are warmer days in the spring and cooler days in autumn. In the north it is the place to go. May through August there are lots of downpours. China has a continental and seasonal climate. Most parts are in the temperate zone but southern areas are in the tropical or subtropical zone while northern areas are in the frigid zone. Climates in different areas are complicated. Deciding when to visit China depends on which places you wish to visit, what type of weather you enjoy, and how much a bargain you want. April, May, September and October are the peak tourist months at China's most popular destinations when the weather is the most comfortable. Prices drop a bit in the shoulder season, which runs from November through March and from June through August. However, the winter months are peak season for trips to China's Hainan Island for its beautiful sunshine and to the Northeast Harbin for its world-famous ice-lantern festival. These months are also packed with New Year holidays, Chinese Spring Festival and other national or local happy fairs. Summer months are great time to explore China's Far East-Manchuria.
We couldn't forget the GREAT WALL OF CHINA
- The great wall of China is approximately 5,500 miles long. But the China state administrative of cultural heritage says its more than double that for a length of 13,170 miles long.
- It is located in Huairou, China.
- The Great Wall Of China is the worlds biggest wall and biggest ancient architecture.
- About 3,873,000,000 bricks were used in the making.
Compared to Colonial Williamsburg Chinese architecture is a lot more elegant. There is temples in China and many great houses. In Willamsburg there is mostly one room houses and no bathrooms. So overall China's architecture is better.
Chinese art consists of calligraphy, paintings, sculptures, jade carvings, pottery, architecture, etc. One type of Chinese painting is landscape painting which is the outside scenery, and flowers and birds were very important. It focuses on the beauty in China. Ancient China produced lovely works of art. There are 3 perfections. Calligraphy,poetry and painting are them. Calligraphy is a form of handwriting. They are Chinese symbols and characters. They have a specific way to draw them, they are very difficult to learn. Poetry was very important. All educated needed to know it. There were many famous poets, like Qu Yaun. Poetry became so important that you needed to known it to become a civil servant or work for the government. Silk was also very valuable. Many countries desired it.Silk helped make China rich. Its spun with cocoons of silkworms. Chinese art is similar to Japanese and Korean Art. Examples of famous artists are Wang Wei, Qi Baishi,Feng Zikei, etc. Popular art is the Han Dynasty, flowers, birds, and dragons.
- Chinese don't have middle names
- Paper is considered one of the four greatest inventions of China
- China is the source of 3 of the world's longest 10 rivers
- China considers the Great Panda to be a sign of bravery
- Kites were invented in china about 3,000 years ago
- China's railway lines put together could wrap around the Earth twice
- Red is considered lucky in China
- Half of the whole worlds pigs live in China
- Pokemon were actually invented in Japan not China
- The PlayStation is illegal in China