- Conductive thread
- LED light (can have two if needed)
Create a wristband that involves a LED light that functions. The conductive thread, battery, and LED light will be intertwined together in the circuit design in order to get the light to work.
Basic Design (Unmodified)
The image above shows the design of an e-textile wristband. The conductive thread is split up into two pieces: one piece of thread for the positive and one for the negative. The positive end of the LED and the positive end of the battery are connected while the negative end of the LED is connected to the negative end of the battery.
The image above shows the modified version of the basic design. A second LED light was added to the design. The positive side of the second LED light is connected to the positive side to the battery and the negative side of the second LED light is connected to the negative side of the battery.
Video of final product
- Start threading from the underside of the felt.
- Thread three times (over and under) through the holes of both end of the LED light and battery in order to secure its placement. (Remember there are two different pieces of thread for the positive and negative sides.)
- Do NOT let the separate pieces(positive and negative) of thread touch.
- Use a long piece of thread for the design so it does not run out.
- When the threading is complete, tie it together on the underside in order to secure it.