Updated on October 10, 2020
The Career Planning & Development Center is located at 568 Garden Avenue, Webster Groves, Missouri, 63119, #10 on the Campus Map
The Career Planning & Development Center is committed to providing personalized career success coaching to students and *recent graduates at Webster University in a safe environment.
During the Fall 2020 semester, career advising appointments will be offered in a virtual modality through Zoom, by phone, and limited in-person options for students who prefer to connect with an advisor on-campus.
While limited in-person appointments will be offered at the Webster Groves, Missouri, campus, the career advising team strongly encourages students to meet virtually with an advisor by phone or video-conference.
Access Screening Form
- For approved in-person appointments, students are required to complete the Webster University Access Screening form and forward their confirmation certificate by e-mail to the advisor they're meeting with on the day of their scheduled appointment.
- If a student does not have access to a thermometer, they may report to Public Safety at 572 Garden Avenue to complete the Access Screening Form.
- The Career Planning & Development Center is located at 568 Garden Avenue, #10 on the Webster Groves Campus Map.
Requesting an Appointment
Students and recent graduates may request a career advising appointment by phone, e-mail or through their Handshake account. Review the how-to information for requesting an advising appointment below.
Request by Phone
Call the Career Planning & Development Center Monday - Thursday 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM CST and Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM CST at 314-968-6982 to coordinate schedules with a career advisor.
Request by E-mail
You may also coordinate your advising appointment through e-mail by sending a message to the Career Planning & Development Center, at email@example.com, with the following information:
- In the subject line, write “Career Advising Appointment Request”
- In the body of your message, include your first and last name, student ID number, if you would prefer to meet with a career advisor by phone, Zoom, or in-person, 2-3 options for meeting days/times (M-F 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM), and what you would like to discuss with a career advisor (job search, review of application materials, interview coaching, etc.)
Note, if you're sending an email on a Monday, try not to request the appointment on that same day or the following. Please provide a range of availability.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail indicating that the appointment has been requested and is pending approval by a career advisor.
Request through Handshake
Handshake is Webster University's online career management and recruiting system used by students and alumni. Learn how to schedule an appointment through Handshake below.
- Visit webster.joinhandshake.com, or download the Handshake mobile app at app.joinhandshake.com
- Access Handshake by entering your Connections Username/Password credentials
- Select "Career Center" and then "Appointments" to view a listing of available appointment days/times with a career advisor.
- Fill-in the required information and submit your appointment request.
Note, if requesting an appointment by phone, please indicate your preferred phone number, including area code.
Click Career Center to access the appointment scheduling tool in Handshake
Click Appointments to schedule a time to meet with your designated career advisor
The assigned advisor will review your request and will either approve or request an alternative meeting day/time. You can manage your appointments anytime through your Handshake account (re-scheduling, cancelling, etc.).
*Advising appointments are available for currently enrolled students and graduates within one year past their graduation date.