Updated on September 15, 2021
The Career Planning & Development Center is located at 568 Garden Avenue, Webster Groves, Missouri, 63119, #10 on the Campus Map
The Career Planning & Development Center is committed to providing personalized career success coaching to students and *recent graduates at Webster University in a safe environment.
Career advisors are available to meet 1:1 with students and recent graduates by phone, video conference or in-person (Webster Groves).
Requesting an Appointment
Students and recent graduates may request a career advising appointment by phone, e-mail or through their Handshake account. Review the how-to information for requesting an advising appointment below.
Request by Phone
Call the Career Planning & Development Center Monday - Friday 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM CDT at 314-968-6982, to coordinate schedules with a career advisor.
Request by E-mail
You may also coordinate your advising appointment through e-mail by sending a message to the Career Planning & Development Center, at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following information:
- In the subject line, write “Career Advising Appointment Request”
- In the body of your message, include your first and last name, student ID number, if you would prefer to meet with a career advisor by phone, Zoom, or in-person, 2-3 options for meeting days/times (M-F 8:30 AM – 1:00 PM), and what you would like to discuss with a career advisor (job search, review of application materials, interview coaching, etc.)
Note, if you're sending an email on a Monday, try not to request the appointment on that same day or the following. Please provide a range of availability.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail indicating that the appointment has been requested and is pending approval by a career advisor.
Request through Handshake
Handshake is Webster University's online career management and recruiting system used by students and alumni. Learn how to schedule an appointment through Handshake below.
- Visit webster.joinhandshake.com, or download the Handshake mobile app at app.joinhandshake.com
- Access Handshake by entering your Connections Username/Password credentials
- Select "Career Center" and then "Appointments" to view a listing of available appointment days/times with a career advisor.
- Fill-in the required information and submit your appointment request.
Note, if requesting an appointment by phone, please indicate your preferred phone number, including area code.
Click Career Center to access the appointment scheduling tool in Handshake
Click Appointments to schedule a time to meet with your designated career advisor
The assigned advisor will review your request and will either approve or request an alternative meeting day/time. You can manage your appointments anytime through your Handshake account (re-scheduling, cancelling, etc.).
*Advising appointments are available for currently enrolled students and graduates within one year past their graduation date (month/year).