Payroll’s Dollars and Sense
2017 W-2s were mailed from James Madison University to the address on file in MyMadison under the Employee tab, as of January 15, 2018.
- General Guide to Sections of your W-2
- Why is my reported W-2 earnings different than my paycheck gross earnings/salary?
- What to do if you do not receive your W-2 timely
On December 22nd, President Trump signed the new Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law. Effective with the February 16th pay date, JMU will implement the new 2018 tax withholding tables associated with these new tax changes. As a result, your net paycheck will change.
The new withholding tables are designed to work with the Form W-4 that you already have on file. This is intended to minimize the burden on both you and JMU. You do not have to do anything at this time.
The IRS’ Frequently Asked Questions page provides additional information on withholding changes for 2018 and 2019. Additionally, to help you determine your withholding, the IRS is revising its withholding tax calculator. The IRS anticipates that the calculator will be available by the end of February. Form W-4 will be revised, as well. Employees should consult their tax advisors with any questions regarding how the Federal Tax law changes may impact their personal income tax or withholding elections.
Note: For 2019, the IRS anticipates making further changes involving withholding, which may necessitate employees to file new Forms W-4 next year. JMU will communicate these changes, as further information and guidance is provided by the IRS.
JMU Talent Development
- Generation Z is Here! (TD2061)
- Your Life, Your Legacy (TD2275)
- Crafting Culture to Create Happy and Productive Teams (TD2172)
- Reading the Red Flags: Help Students and Colleagues in Need (TD2101)
- Pre-Retirement Planning (TD1372)
- Little Red Corvette (TD2288) for VRS Plan 1 and 2 Members and Little Red Corvette 2.0 (TD2289) for VRS Hybrid Plan Members
- Manager to Leader: Have You Made the Move? (TD2173)
- The No Complaining Rule (TD1344)
- Team Communication Certificate Series Starting March 13
- Reflect, Recreate and Rock Your Retirement (TD2266)
- Extreme Couponing (TD2045)
Visit Talent Development’s webpage for a listing of all they have to offer!