New date: due to the pandemic currently affecting us all, our October 2020 trek is postponed to March 2021. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed notes and updates. Stay well, and talk soon! 🙏🏻
I have been sharing my second home in Solu, below the Everest region, since 2011. This trek is for those who want to discover the real Nepal, life in a small subsistence community, the beauty of forest trails and mountains beyond, the cultural richness of Nepal and the warmth of its people. You will walk up to six hours on some days, and you have the option to enjoy yoga sessions with Dr Patricia Mottram, whether you are a beginner or a seasoned practitioner.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
The land cost for an eleven-day trip, from Kathmandu airport to Kathmandu airport, is US$2950.
1. Airport Pick-up and Drop Off.
2. 3 x Night Accommodation in the International Guest Hotel in Kathmandu in Super Deluxe rooms, twin share (incl. Breakfast)
3. Domestic flights (value US$320)
4. Transfers in Kathmandu
5. Licensed and trained trekking guides
6. Porters for carrying goods and supplies
7. Meals on full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea & coffee) basis during the trek.
8. All accommodation during the trek.
9. All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
10. Transportation to and from trail head by Private Vehicles.
11. All necessary documents and permits for trekking (where applicable)
12. National Park/Conservation Area entry Permit, Insurance, and equipment for the staffs.
13. Coordination of quick Rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
14. Trekking staffs wages etc.
15. Complimentary 1 hr. trekker massage after your trek. (value US$30)
16. Complimentary Welcome dinner in a Nepali Cultural Dance restaurant in Kathmandu. (value US$25)
17. All Trekking Staffs Insurance during trekking period.
18. Complimentary Trekking Map, T-shirt, cup, trekking certificates. (value US$25)
19. Exclusive use of Medical Kit Bag
20. Use of Duffle Bag for carrying your luggage during Trek, and of minus 5 down sleeping bag. ( value US$300)
21. All Government and local Taxes
22. International Flight ticket re-confirmation.
23. Yoga tutoring
24. High altitude walking and energy saving tutoring
Itinerary at a Glance
Day 1 arrive Ktm. Check in 12noon. Official welcome meeting 1 pm, plus brief introduction to yoga for trekking.
Day 2 in Ktm, walk and visit cultural sites
Day 3 Fly to Paphlu Airport (2464m). Walk down to Solu Khola (2190m) up to Lura. (2434m) 2 hours with stops. Yoga practice for airport waiting.
Day 4 in Lura. Walk to Boldok, (2585m)1hour walk. Yoga at big mani rock, back to Lura 1 hour walk. House visit and tea in Lakpa’s kitchen.
Day 5 Private Puja, & yoga at Lura Gomba (2596m) 1hour walk, then walk up to Gyamdanda Hindu temple in jungle (2862m), 1 hour and a half walk. Back down for Bon Shaman and cultural evening. 1 hour walk down. (packed lunch)
Day 6 walk to Kunikhop (2400m) stay by river. 5-6 hours with regular micro rests and lunch stop. Yoga flow by the river. (packed lunch)
Day 7 walk to Tenkharka (3200m). 6 hours walk with regular micro rests and lunch stop. Rest and restore yoga sequence. (packed lunch)
Day 8 Stay at TenKharka for Himalayan Range views, meditation, free time and yoga.
Day 9 walk to Lura from Tenkharka, (4 hours) distribution of tips ceremony and end of trip party
Day 10 early morning walk to Paphlu (2 hours) Fly to Kathmandu. Yoga for plane waiting!
Day 11 Fly out, trip concludes at 12noon with checking out of hotel.
Yoga notes: The optional yoga will be classic Hatha yoga with a strong emphasis on breathing, balance when standing and walking, flexibility, relaxing and restoring calm to body and mind. No previous yoga experience is necessary. Yoga is an ancient Indian physical and spiritual practice that originated in the Himalaya. We will be practicing in the ancient home of yoga. We will fit in when suitable a pre breakfast sun salutation and an evening meditation.