ANNUAL MEETING SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Registration Opens No Later Than 8:00 AM
To allow more time for the flow of traffic, registration will open no later than 8:00 a.m. Members will enter the CGEMC campus through the Coop Way entrance (between Hwy. 36 and Brownlee Road) and remain in their vehicle for the entirety of the meeting.
10:00 AM - Business Session
The business meeting will be broadcast at 10 a.m. over members' car radios. Upon conclusion of the meeting, we will draw from the pool of all registered members for one grand prize and post the winner on our social media channels.
In accordance with the Bylaws of the Corporation, the following information applies to voting:
- Only members are eligible to vote. A member is one who has paid a membership fee, signed an application for service (or paid the initial invoice for electric service), and has been approved for membership.
- Each member is entitled to only one vote on each matter submitted to a vote at a meeting of the members.
- Any two or more people holding a joint membership are entitled to only one vote. The vote of either or all shall constitute, respectively, one joint vote provided, that if all are present, but in disagreement on such vote, each shall cast only an appropriate fractional vote.
We have several new faces at CGEMC! McClain Allgood, Seth McGouirk, and Isaiah Reeder have joined our Distribution team. Michelle Buck and Ashlin McCray are now a part of our Customer Service team. Reed Smith joined us as a Field Service Technician. We are excited to welcome them!
Gaining ground on safety
Safety training is a critical component of linework. Each year, our crew members complete pole-top rescue training for certification. Training dummies are positioned at the top of the pole to represent a colleague in distress. Each crew member must climb the pole, secure the rescue dummy, and lower them to the ground, as quickly and safely as possible.
At Central Georgia EMC, we look for meaningful ways to give back to our community.
In June, CGEMC and Fuel Georgia hosted a joint Community Blood Drive, in partnership with The American Red Cross. Employees and community members donated a combined 25 units of blood, and we had one power red donor.
Also in June, members of the Central Georgia EMC leadership class (LEAD 2) provided a day of service to Indian Springs State Park. It was a great "Co-Opportunity!"
CheckOut by paygo
Introducing Checkout by PayGo, an easy, convenient way to pay your electric bill while you run your errands!
Pay your bill where you shop, with over 50,000 retail locations nationwide. Here's how it works:
- Click on the button below to obtain your unique barcode.
- Take it with you where you shop.
- Make a cash payment at the cash register. Your payment is instantly applied to your CGEMC bill.
If you have questions about Checkout by PayGo, contact us, and a customer representative will be glad to assist you. 770-775-7857.
plug into solar!
Cooperative Solar block sales are on the rise! The longer days of spring provide longer production hours, and our solar field additions offer increased reliability. Cooperative Solar allows you to reap the benefits of clean energy by adding affordable and renewable solar power to your monthly energy mix. Even renters can participate!
Cooperative Solar is available in 1-kilowatt (kW) blocks at an affordable $19 per month, per block. Best of all, you will receive a credit on your monthly bill for kilowatt-hours (kWh) generated by your solar energy block(s). Request your blocks today!
Call 770-775-7857 or 1-800-222-4877 to learn more about adding solar energy to your monthly energy mix.
CGEMC Power Theft Hotline
Energy theft costs CGEMC and its members lost revenue and is potentially life-threatening for the offender. CGEMC has created an anonymous tip hotline to combat the theft of utilities. If someone suspects tampering, they can call 678-774-6008 to leave a secure message.
In June, the Central Georgia EMC Foundation awarded $10,656 in grants to charitable organizations in our territory.
- American Red Cross Central Midwest Georgia: $500 - To fund general disaster relief efforts.
- Family Counseling Center of Central Georgia: $2,000 - To provide financial assistance for clients who are unable to pay for services.
- Side by Side Brain Injury Clubhouse: $3,156 - To support individuals living with brain injury and their families.
- The ALS Association - GA Chapter: $5,000 - To fund their Care Grant Program, to alleviate financial hardships for those diagnosed with ALS.
Qualifying 501(c)(3) organizations in our service territory are invited to submit an application to the Central Georgia EMC Foundation.
Through Operation Round Up, our members support local organizations with a mission to make our communities even better places to live, work, and dream big. By simply rounding up your monthly electric bill to the next dollar, you can join in! Our pennies add up to make BIG CHANGE!
Qualifying organizations are invited to submit an application to the Operation Round Up Foundation. The Foundation Board will review grant requests and administer the funds, based on the merit of each grant application and available funds.
July co-op connections deals
There Is Something Fun for Everyone through Co-op Connections*!
A to Z Golf - New clients receive 50% off their first lesson with Dale Seaton, PGA. 108 Crystal Lake Boulevard, Hampton. 770-477-2099
Painting with a Twist - 10% off reserved seat and retail, Code: ENERGY10; 20% off a group of 10, Code: ENERGY20. 1867 Jonesboro Rd. Suite 2, McDonough.
Pin Strikes - $15 off child's birthday party. 4318 Sheraton Drive, Macon. 770-302-0726
Southern Cross Guest Ranch - $10 off two-hour trail ride; 10% discount on an overnight stay of two or more nights. 1670 Bethany Church Road, Madison. 706-342-8027
Old Mill Market Company - Free cup of coffee with purchase of pan of four cinnamon rolls. 94 E. Adams St., Suite 4, Forsyth. 478-993-1678
We’re excited to provide you with this exclusive, free membership that has countless benefits. You can access Co-op Connections directly from the CGEMC website at www.cgemc.com.
*Deals are subject to change.
Are you a local business who would like to be included in Co-op Connections? Click the link below. It is simple and free!