Mobile App Design student ACCOMMODATION

Week one

  1. Define the problem, create the solution. In groups, we had to discuss what problems users would come across in the interface design and how we could over come these problems. We took notes, done some research and found out how these solutions could be integrated into features within the mobile application. To help us with the user interface design, we created two personas who would be able to access the app. This made us understand what functions were most important within the application.
From these personas, we were able to come up with solutions to design flaws in the previous app. It made us aware that a simple, easy to navigate user face design was needed.

week two

CREATING SITE MAPS

In week two, we created a site map based on research. We had to create categories and ask people to decide what category goes where on that application. From there the first site map was constructed. Categories were put onto paper first then a site map was constructed.

I circled round categories that people found most commonly linked. Each section was given its own title, and I constructed a very simple site map to represent the sections of the application

week two continued

PAPER PROTOTYPES

We created paper prototypes. These allowed us to explore the sizes and ways of navigation on a paper prototype that was a similar size/ same size as an iPhone. We had to make sure we tested our sketches, so I gave my Mum and Brother some of the prototypes to test. They were able to give me feedback on how well they were able to understand and navigate the application.

I was testing my mum and my nana to see if they could easily touch and navigate their way through the app. They then told me things I could improve on.

WEEK THREE

CREATING DIGITAL WIREFRAMES

In week 3, I had to create digital wireframes for my app. I created them in Illustrator. This gave me a rough idea of how things would be structured.

This allowed me to see where each object would be placed, and to see if the layout was appropriate for the size of the screen.

WEEK FOUR AND FIVE

CREATING MOOD BOARDS AND STYLE TILES

In week 4 and 5 I made mood boards and style tiles for my app. This allowed for me to explore through different colours textures and images of inspiration.

MOOD BOARDS

These were my two mood boards. I explored two totally different ideas, so that there was a range of different colours, textures and images.

STYLE TILES

From my mood boards, I created two style tiles, exploring the use of different fonts, web icons, buttons, textures and colours.

WEEK SIX

DEVELOPING PRESENTATION MOCK UP

In week six, I had to develop a scenario for my visual mockups. So I placed them on mobile screens to show them being used in real life situations. I then had to evaluate my work and present my work to the lecturers.

Each of these photos are of different ideas.

WEEK SEVEN AND EIGHT

CREATING A WORKING PROTOTYPE

I finally made the final screens on illustrator and then put the images into Invision to create a working prototype. I am pleased with the final outcome of the screens on Illustrator.

WEEK NINE

Week nine was hand-in week and I made sure everything was finalised. I finished my working prototype on Invision, and tested its navigation and made sure there were no flaws within the app.

Below is the link to my invision prototype!

https://invis.io/SE9H20DA3

Made with Adobe Slate

Make your words and images move.

Get Slate

Report Abuse

If you feel that this video content violates the Adobe Terms of Use, you may report this content by filling out this quick form.

To report a Copyright Violation, please follow Section 17 in the Terms of Use.