- Identify a Space, the number of chairs will be dependent on square footage and room space.
- Sink required nearby to wash hands and for sanitation.
- Counter space to mix and/or prepare medications.
- Refrigeration is needed to store medication. If beverages are offered separate refrigeration aside from medication will be required.
- Storage in the form of cabinets or carts to hold supplies.
- Infusion Chairs
- Anaphylaxis Kit, oxygen supplies will be included.
- Supplies such as I.V. Catheters, Tubing, Filters, Injection Caps, PIV Start Kits, Saline Syringes, Bandaids and Saline Bags.
Billing and Collections
- Notes are submitted to corporate.
- Billing department creates claim and submits to insurance.
- MD receives payment and EOB.
- MD Office sends EOB to Southside corporate offices.
- SSI Invoices MD monthly
- Payment due upon receipt or we can arrange a sweep of account monthly as agreed.
XYZ owned pharmacy
Refer all prescription business and we reduce our Operational Charges For Infusion Model
- Can utilize space for other services
- Better profit margin
- Access to SS network
- Southside Service – Local w/free delivery
- Turnaround time within one week
We lease space and operate a retail pharmacy out of building
- Income from rental space
- Lower operations charges
- Avoid high payroll
- Service patients with free delivery
- Improved patient outcomes
- Improved patient compliance
- Easy and fast enrollment
- Acknowledgement call
- Benefits verification (Pharmacy & Major medical)
- Authorization services
- Co payment assistance through drug manufacturers
- Co payment assistance through Non profit foundation
- Indigent programs for uninsured patients
- Competitive self pay pricing
- Flexible payment plans
- FSA payments
- Major medical billing
Complimentary Local Delivery
- Unique delivery system designed for pharmacy patients
- Online real time prescription tracking
- Personalized delivery from friendly staff
- Wide delivery coverage area.
- Stat deliveries
- Hospital bedside deliveries
- Medical equipment drop off and pick up
- 24×7 on call driver
- Weekend deliveries
- Cash on delivery option on co payments
Patient adherence is one of the integral part of Southside’s business model.
- Patient counseling by pharmacists
- MTM Program
- Refill reminder
- Delivery confirmation courtesy call
- Complimentary self injection training when applicable
- Lab monitoring
- 24×7 pharmacist & nurse on call
Southside Specialty Pharmacy
Disease state management:
- Hepatitis C
The Specialty Team
- Processing: Receives fax/escribe orders, Process the prescriptions/refills, send acknowledgements.
- Reimbursement: Benefits verification, Prior authorization assistance, Copay assistance
- Customer Service Representative: Patient calls, Delivery/Shipping Scheduling
- Filling & Counseling: Prescription filling, Prescription verification, Patient counseling, Patient education, compliance documentation.
Hepatitis C Care: Key Features
- Pioneers of Hep- C Care in the Houston Market
- Dedicated specialty staff
- Prior Authorization assistance
- Refill reminders
- Therapy counseling & self injection training
- Blood draw for Hep-C Labs
- Adherence & Compliance Management
- Copay Assistance & Indigent programs
- Free same day Delivery or Shipping
- Co infection management
Southside Specialty Portal
- Specialty Portal is designed and developed in-house by Southside to improve the communication between pharmacy-doctor & Insurance companies.
- It’s a web based application, which features a secure login from that the doctor can access from his/her office.
The application provides the following:
- Patients Information
- Rx Status
- Documented Communication between Rx & Ins, Rx & MD
- Periodic lab Values
- Nursing comments
The information is secure, and accessible in real time.