Contact: Professors Ricky Belcrastro or Adam Renchen to join Music 290 for Fall 2017. This course is to help and guide students, faculty from both the English and Music departments, create and perform an original songs and explore a variety of songwriting styles, genres, and forms. Students will end the semester in a showcase performance of their original songs.
- Critique and analyze the aesthetics of popular song forms in various genres.
- Apply a variety of creative strategies in the process of writing music and lyrics.
- Understand and execute the principles of lyrical composition and song structure.
- Understand and execute the basics of arranging music.
- Document and record original song ideas.
- Compose and perform original songs in collaborative groups.