- The island is located in the Caribbean, between the Caribbean Se and the North Atlantic Ocean, east of the Dominican Republic, about 1,000 miles southeast of Miami, Florida.
- The climate of Puerto Rico falls into the tropical climatic zone. Temperatures are moderate year round, averaging near 80 °F in lower elevations and 70 °F in the mountains.
- Land in agriculture: 51.9%
- Agricultural population density: 713 persons per sq km
- Total agricultural workers: 36,000
- Agricultural workers: 3%
- Plants: Sugar, Fruits, Plantains, Bananas, Vegetables, Oranges, Coffee, Papayas, Yams, Cassavas, Lemons, Limes, Cereal, & Rice.
- Animals: Chickens, Cattle, Pigs, Horses, Goats, Mules, & Asses.
- Arroz con gandules