Benefits of real gym Whole School training
- Our high quality training emphasises the importance of good gymnastic provision in school and gives a full deep and rich understanding of the theory and application of the scheme.
- All staff are trained to deliver one Scheme of Work across your school ensuring seamless progression and consolidation across year groups, ensuring best practice for safe gymnastics.
- Our holistic approach through gymnastics activities develops both Fundamental Movement Skills and Multi-abilities *(Morley, D. & Bailey, R. (2006) Meeting the needs of your most able pupils: Physical Education and Sport. London: Fulton.)
- All staff are trained to use large apparatus and supported to bring the programme to life in your own school environment.
- The approach and easy to use programme aligns to real PE.
- A full day of Whole School training to give practitioners the confidence to deliver inclusive and challenging gymnastics.
- Three sets of 35 double-sided A4 progressive real gym cards and Introduction Books, including a curriculum map.
- Five sets of real gym Dice
- Three Dice Matrix posters to explore gymnastic movements and foster independent and creative learning in a fun and simple way.
- 12 easy to use Interactive Lesson Plans per year group that bring to life the approach using thematic adventures for Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 through to sequence construction and development for Key Stage 2.
- Ongoing support via the real gym portal.
* Please note that schools must nominate at least one member of staff to attend a real gym Create Learning Community in addition to a Whole School training day. Includes additional resources
real gym has been written and developed by Sarah Moon to give EVERY child the experience of fantastic gymnastics lessons. real gym is making a big impact and will enable thousands of children and teachers to enjoy high quality gymnastics lessons. Getting children passionate about physical activity through gymnastics activities would really be a legacy to be proud of.
Sarah’s accolades include:
- Master Coach in Rhythmic Gymnastics, presented by British Gymnastics 2013
- TEAM GB Coach for the rhythmic gymnastics group for the Olympic Games, (London) in 2012
- Head Rhythmic Gymnastics Coach for England, for the Commonwealth Games (Delhi) in 2010