WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Research and develop a brand book to be used for future communication tactics and brand development
- Work with the Director of Communications (DOC) to create a race weekend strategic social media plan
- Perform a post-race social media audit and provide results to Eugene Marathon team for future analysis
- Recruit and coordinate spirit groups for race weekend with DOC
- Provide hands on support throughout marathon weekend (April 24-29)
- Assist with other marathon weekend projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Available 5-10 hours/week, which includes a minimum of five hours in office per week
- Available to work entire marathon weekend (April 24-29) except for class schedule
- Experience with social media planning and auditing
- Experience and access to Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.)
- Exceptional writer with attention to detail and proper grammar usage
- Willingness to take initiative and work with community partners on a consistent basis
- Able to problem solve and conduct independent research in order to complete tasks in a project based work environment
- Self-starter: Be able to work from home and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Preferred: Students who have completed J494 (Research Methods) and have knowledge of Hootsuite, Tweet Deck, GAIN or Facebook promotions
HOW TO APPLY!
Submit your application using the link below. Things that we ask for include:
- Two writing work samples (press releases, pitch letters, social media posts, etc.) Class work is acceptable.
- A brief response to the question "What is one goal you have for this internship?"
This is a paid internship. Upon completion, a one time stipend will be paid to the selected intern.