Five Retail Tech Trends that Emerged at the 'Big Show'
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Robots are coming and expect them to be both in front of the store and back in the warehouse.
- Radio Frequency Identification.
- Customization and personalization
Google testing new look for local inventory ads in place of local pack
Google appears to be running a limited test for local inventory ads (LIA) on mobile that looks like a shopping "ad-ification" of the Local Pack
UK Mobile Payments: After a Slow Start in a Competitive Space, Some Signs of Progress
- Contactless cards are already well established in the UK. Their usage is accounting for greater proportions of in-store payments and, as such, mobile contactless payments are struggling to gain any kind of significant foothold in the market.
- UK millennials are far more likely to use mobile payment solutions, but even among this demographic, adoption isn’t as high when compared with most other digital behaviors.
- Trust and security issues remain the biggest obstacles for mobile payments.
How Retailers Use Personalization—If They Do at All
More than a third of respondents don't use personalization technology at all.
If Optimizing Customer Experience Isn’t the Goal of Your Digital Foundation, You’re Doing It Wrong
6 Tips for putting your company on the road to success.
- Learn About the Customer Journey From Your Marketing Department
- Break Down Organizational Silos and Map Out Customer Journeys
- Avoid Dependence Upon IT Resources and Expertise
- Use Data to Understand Your Customers
- Stop Telling Your Customers What to Do — Ask Instead
- Create Solid Foundations for Delivering CX
Online and Offline
Retailers haven’t perfected buy online, pick up in store yet
57.5% of all shoppers use the omnichannel service, but only 31.6% describe it as being a smooth process.
Among those that use the service, the top motivating factors are convenience (29.2%) and being able to return the product instantly if it doesn’t meet their expectations (23.5%).
Online shopping changes consumers’ in-store expectations
Shoppers aren’t happy with the in-store shopping experience, and retailers are struggling to adapt, a Capgemini report finds.
54% of the retail executives surveyed say they don’t feel as though their stores are doing enough adapt to the digital age.
Adobe Marketing Cloud adds features & partnerships to bring brick-and-mortar deeper into digital
Adobe announces several new initiatives to improve the digitization of brick-and-mortar retailing.
- Automated product recommendations
- New partnerships with Commerce Tools providing a transactional service to the Adobe platform
- Partnership with Valtech to launch a new smart grocery store prototype
Content Marketing May Boost Customer Lifetime Value
How can you use content in your ecommerce business to encourage shopper loyalty?
- Be useful or entertaining
- Be consistent
- Be interactive
- Be committed
What Will The Future Of Loyalty Look Like?
Discover what loyalty experts are saying about the changing landscape of customer loyalty in the digital world.