With the Colli bodied removed, the low and compact chassis provided the Pinin Farina designers with plenty of room to be very creative. Known as the Superflow, the first show car based on the 6C 3000 CM was launched at the 1956 Turin Motor Show. It boasted a futuristic design with open front wheels covered by plexiglass panels. These also doubled as headlight covers. To relay the car's origins, a prominent Alfa Romeo grille adorned the low nose. Plexiglass was also used for the roof, which featured hinged, 'gullwing' sections. In keeping with the times, the tail sported prominent fins.
Later that year it appeared as the Superflow II in Paris repainted from its original white with a black stripe to red with a white stripe. The restyled and much sharper nose featured more conventional steel fenders. Plexiglass was only used for the headlight covers. The car was redone once more for the 1959 Geneva Motor Show, dubbed the Spyder Super Sport or Superflow III. As the name suggests, it boasted an open roof and the finned tail was replaced by a more elegant round rear end. The nose of the now all white show car was unchanged with the exception of the deleted headlight covers.
A few months later, Pinin Farina showed the ex-Fangio Alfa Romeo for one final time, at the 1960 Geneva Motor Show. Incorporating the best features of the previous versions, the car was now dubbed the Coupe Super Sport Speciale or Superflow IV. The plexiglass headlight covers returned as did the domed roof. This time the panels were not hinged but could could actually slide down and back underneath the rear window. As a result, the Superflow IV could be used as both a Coupe and Spyder. The elegant tail design of the Superflow III was retained.
1960 Ferrari GT Drogo
The Drogo was designed by Piero Drogo who was born in Italy. Drogo began racing in Venezuela in the 1950s. His best result came in 1956 when he finished seventh in the Venezuelan Grand Prix. The following year he won his class in the Buenos Aires 1000 in Argentina and a year later he decided to head for Europe where he raced at LeMans in a Ferrari. He went into the coach-building business, Carrozzeria Sports Cars in Modena, and created bodywork for a variety of customers, notably Ferrari.
1921 Alfa Romeo G1
The Alfa Romeo G1 two-seat sports roadster is the oldest Alfa Romeo in existence, the very first vehicle designed specially as an Alfa Romeo. There were only 52 of these magnificent creations built, powered by a 6.3-liter side-valve six-cylinder engine. The G1 was designed by Giuseppe Merosi. With its large six-cylinder engine it was the largest engine ever fitted to an Alfa Romeo to date. With increasing gas prices and roughly six miles to a gallon, the car was not popular with many, thus the reason for only 52 being created. It was fitted with a four-speed manual gearbox and semi-elliptical front springs and dual quarter-elliptic at the rear. The brake was mechanical on the rear wheels. The engine was featured two cast-iron blocks each comprised of three cylinders. It was capable of producing 70 horsepower and an astonishing 216 foot-pounds of torque.This particular G1 has a very interesting history, beginning in Australia where it was sold for 850 pounds to a businessman who, soon after, went bankrupt. The car was hidden to keep it away from creditors but three years later the man died. The G1 remained hidden for 25 years.It was discovered around 1947 by young farmers. The vehicle was used to round up cattle, chase kangaroos and other farm chores. An unfortunate accident occurred when the G1 had a brush with a tree. The damaged car was brought back to the farm where it was used to power a water pump. It continued this duty until 1964 when it was rescued by Alfa Romeo enthusiasts. The car has been restored a number of times. Shown at 2013 Pebble Beach Concours d Elegance achieving 3rd in class.