Citizenship and Mailbox Items
Due to Mr. Stroud's Friday meeting, citizenship and mailbox items will go home on Monday.
ISTEP Next Week
We will test over the next two weeks. The week of April 17th, we will test Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. The week of the 24th, we will test Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
If you would like to see what your child's ISTEP experience will be like, click HERE. Feel free to go through this with your child.
Tips for doing your best:
- Keep a consistent bedtime each night and get lots of sleep.
- Create time for your child to relax by doing a preferred activity, reading a book, playing a board game, etc.
- Nutrition is important! Lots of protein in the morning will stay with them through the test. Avoid sugary cereals and juices.
- Limit the electronics and video games,especially before bed.
Expectations for Work
The vast majority of assignments and projects can be completed in class. Here are a list of items that we do bi-weekly:
- Stems Tracker
- Stems Quiz
Each week we do:
- DMR/DLR and Quiz
- Reading Comprehension
We had a conversation about QUALITY work this week. These are the expectations:
- Name, Student Number, Date
- Everything is answered, support given for each answer
- Correct spelling, capitalization, and punctuation
- Answers make sense and have detail
- This is my best work
If you have questions, let me know. Here is the SOAP rubric
Wayne Twitter Chats
The MSD of Wayne Township hosts a weekly Twitter chat on Tuesdays at 8 P.M. Teachers, administrators, and school personnel discuss topics relevant to the Wayne Township community. Search for the hashtag #WeAreWayne and join us in the conversation!
If you have a change in your child’s transportation from school, please inform me via note or email BEFORE 2:00. Alternatively, you may contact the office directly and they will let me know.