1 Queens Court, Atherton
A private lane in the heart of Atherton – the country’s most exclusive ZIP code – is the setting for this property that awaits your vision for the future. At one time a glamorous country estate with a backdrop of Canary palms, the home boasts a pool, spa, and tennis court on exceptionally private grounds of just over one acre. A gated pedestrian entrance opens to magical gardens with manicured boxwood and flagstones embedded in ground coverings and leads past a signature fountain. White roses enhance the setting while tall hedges, sculpted with arched openings, provide added privacy and an enchanting verdant entrance from the driveway. The beauty of it all recalls an English country garden.
Inside the one-story home, custom wallcoverings, crown moldings, and plantation shutters in some rooms evoke time-honored classic elegance. Formal rooms are grand in scale, serviced by a country kitchen in blue and white tiles, and a separate breakfast room opens to the rear grounds. An inviting family room offers poolside entertaining and the rich wood paneling is a reminder of the home’s more vintage heritage.
There are four bedrooms, each with en suite bath. One is privately located off the kitchen while a separate wing accommodates the master suite and two additional suites. An office and half-bath complete this wing plus there is an attached 3-car garage and large laundry room.
Adding to the outdoor amenities, beyond the pool, spa, and tennis court, is a large vegetable garden with numerous raised beds plus several fruit trees. This home’s location also benefits from access to acclaimed Las Lomitas schools and is convenient to Stanford University and Sand Hill Road venture capital centers. Whether a home for today or realizing a dream for the future, this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Summary of the Home
- Outstanding opportunity in central Atherton to renovate or build new
- Just over one acre (approximately 44,430 square feet) with pool, spa, and tennis court
- 4 bedrooms, office, and 4.5 bathrooms
- Approximately 3,600 square feet
- Gated courtyard entrance with English parterre gardens, white roses, and fountain
- Classic living room with fireplace and formal dining room
- Kitchen, breakfast room, and adjacent family room with fireplace
- Bedroom suite located off the kitchen plus separate wing with master suite, office, and two additional bedroom suites
- Excellent Las Lomitas schools (buyer to confirm)