Great post workout snack. Makes 16, 6 oz. bars.
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 6 scoops wey protein isolate
- 7 cups whole grain oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup dry toasted sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup cashews (roasted, unsalted)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped and pieces)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Butter or other nonstick for the pan
- Large mixing bowl
- 13" x 9" baking pan (or larger if you like thinner bars)
Preheat the oven to 375°.
Use a blender to chop the whole oats into smaller pieces. Chop only 1-2 cups at a time.
Combine all dry ingredients (except protein) & mix.
Make protein batter.
Pour all water into the blender. Slowly add the protein powder 1 scoop at a time. The mixture should be thick (similar to cake batter). Be careful not to overheat the blender! If need be, add extra water.
Add peanut butter and honey, then start gradually folding in the protein batter.
Grease the pan and pour the mixture into the pan.
Bake for 10-15 mins. The top will look a little dryer when the bars are ready.
Let the bars cool then cut and enjoy. Refrigerate bars, do not store at room temperature.