Emerge Maryland Full Candidate Training Program
Applications for the class of 2017 now open!
Our intensive, cohort-based, seven-month training program is unique. We provide more than just training; we provide the support, encouragement and inspiration women need to succeed. Our trainers, staff, Board and program members bring deep and diverse knowledge and experience to each training.
The program, which runs from Dec-May, focuses on the core principles of a successful run for office. The 6 month, 70 hour program provides
in-depth training on topics including:
• Public Speaking and Communications
• Media & Messaging
• Campaign Strategy
• Field Operations
• Questionnaire & Endorsement Process & much more!
Emerge Maryland seeks bright, self-motivated women who are committed to effective and ethical political leadership.
Criteria for selection include:
Women who reside in Maryland and are registered Democrats.
• evidence of political leadership experience or potential, and meaningful involvement in workplace or community;
• interest in pursuing political office;
• demonstrated ability to bring together disparate groups to achieve a goal;
• ability and desire to build effective networks;
• ability to articulate a personal political vision;
• demonstrated ability to inspire others;
• commitment to full participation and attendance requirements of the training.
Visit our section on the Application Process to learn more. Or send your questions to email@example.com.