From the Principal
Earlier this year, several Hillendale 4th and 5th graders participated in the Hillendale Geography Bee. Everyone did a terrific job! This past week our Hillendale Geography Bee winner, Katie Connolly, participated in the State Geography Bee. Katie represented Hillendale well and placed second in her group. Great job, Katie!
Mark your calendars for the Spring Fling at Hillendale. This PTO Fundraiser is scheduled for Friday, May 10, 2019, from 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm at Hillendale. It should be a great event!
Parent-Teacher Conferences are scheduled for April 10-12. If you have not done so already, be sure to sign up for conferences with your child's teachers.
PSSAs are coming soon for 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders. The schedule for PSSAs is as follows.
- ELA - April 23, 24, and 26
- Math - April 29, 30
- Science - May 1, 2 (4th grade only)
Have a great week!
Dedicated to Learning
The Hillendale Technology lab has undergone a transformation in the past six months. From knocking down sections of walls to refurbishing the room with flexible furniture designed to adapt to the day's lesson, our technology lab has become an excellent learning space for our kids. Check out this video, produced by UCFSD Communications and featuring our very own Mr. Picard, that highlights the technology educational experiences happening throughout the Unionville-Chadds Ford elementary schools.
- 5- General PTO Meeting 9:15 am
- 10-12 - Parent-Teacher Conferences - Half Days for Students
- 15-19 - Spring Break
- 22 - PSSA testing starts
- 30 - Restaurant Day at Mod Pizza - all day
- 10 - plant sale
- 10 - PSSA pizza celebration
- 10- Spring Fling Fundraiser
- 15 - 9:30 am & 1:45 pm K-3 Student & Parent concerts
- 16 - 9:30 am & 1:45 pm 4-5 Student & Parent concerts
- 27 - Memorial Day - No School
Believe it or not, we are beginning to think about next year already! Thank you so much to all of the parents who have volunteered this year and helped make it such a success - it truly takes a village!
There are a number of people who have already spoken up to stay on as committee heads but there are some openings! Please CLICK HERE to see the list. If you are interested in joining or chairing a committee or have any questions please email Loryn Furey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Around the District
- Run for our Sons
- Patton Carnival
- Rookie Rugby
- Coupon Card Sale - UHS Baseball
- The Annual Unionville Sports Council Golf Outing
- Guest Speaker - Dr. Naeem Bhatti MD
- Boy Scout Drive- Collection Box in HES Office
- Java with John