Getting creative to keep advertisers
- Most advertisers scaled back by at least 30-50 percent
- Sponsorship: selling sponsored access.
Examples: The Atlantic proposed the federal government buy massive amounts of advertising focused on public health to keep news organizations afloat. The Southeast Missourian is providing stories for free with the support of local medical sponsors.
- Keeping the relationships alive & planting seeds for the future: offering discounts, credit, web, social media content, web support services, etc.
- Refocusing ads on 3 simple messages: We are open, but here's what you need to know to access our services; We can't wait to be back; We can't provide our services but here's what we are doing for our community (donations in-kind or otherwise, volunteerism, or what they are doing for their employees)
Turning live events into virtual ones
- Converting existing events, adding new ones: book clubs, happy hours, etc.