1. Give Her What She's Been Asking For: "Just, Like, 5 Minutes"
- 5 minutes to eat while actually sitting down
- 5 minutes to go to the bathroom. Alone.
- 5 minutes to read a book without getting interrupted and reading the same page ten times.
- 5 minutes to shower. Or, at least change out of sweats.
It may seem simple, but giving moms the space and quiet to just sit and take a breather without worrying about what she needs to do next can be a powerful gift. It won't cost you a thing to create a "kid-free" zone somewhere in your house this Mother's Day where mommy can retreat to as often as she wants/needs.
4. Digital Party!
Know what moms miss the most? Target. But, since you can't give her Target, do the next best thing: Host a digital Mother's Day party!
Send out a Zoom invite to all her friends and close family, whip up some mimosas, and let her pretend she's out at brunch somewhere instead of in your messy living room. Get the kids involved by having them make "fancy" snacks like cucumber sandwiches and mini cupcakes.